TED演讲:我那曝光政府腐败的战斗(8)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 91127 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
But again, when it comes to the decisions which are impacting us the most,
但是,当我们谈论到最影响我们的决定,
perhaps, the most important decisions that are being made about war and so forth,
可能关于类似战争这种最重要的决定时,
again we can’t just make a Freedom of Information request. It’s really difficult.
我们又不能只是提出信息自由的要求,这是很困难的。
So we’re still having to rely on illegitimate ways of getting information, through leaks.
所以我们仍然需要依靠非法的方式来获得信息,从漏洞中获得。
So when the Guardian did this investigation about the Afghan War, you know,
当英国卫报做这个关于阿富汗战争的报道时,
they can’t walk into the Department of Defense and ask for all the information.
他们不能就直接走进国防部,索要全部信息。
You know, they’re just not going to get it.
这样做的话,是得不到的。
So this came from leaks of tens of thousands of dispatches that were written by American soldiers about the Afghan War,
这些信息都来自美国大兵写的关于阿富汗战争成千上万的急件,从这些漏洞里知道真相。
and leaked, and then they’re able to do this investigation.
这样卫报才成功做了调查。
Another rather large investigation is around world diplomacy.
另外一个大型的调查是关于全球外交的。
Again, this is all based around leaks, 251,000 U.S. diplomatic cables, and I was involved in this investigation
这个调查也来源于25100个美国的外交电缆里透露的信息,当时我也参与了调查,
because I got this leak through a leak from a disgruntled WikiLeaker and ended up going to work at the Guardian.
因为我从一个不满的维基解密人里得到了密报,最后到卫报里工作了。
So I can tell you firsthand what it was like to have access to this leak.
我能告诉你关于这个漏洞的第一手消息。
It was amazing. I mean, it was amazing. It reminded me of that scene in “The Wizard of Oz.”
那真的是惊人的!真是惊人啊!这让我想起了《绿野仙踪》里的场景。
Do you know the one I mean?
你知道我指的是哪个吧?
Where the little dog Toto runs across to where the wizard, and he pulls back, the dog’s pulling back the curtain,
当小狗托托跑过巫师旁边,然后掉头回来,狗狗拉开了幕布
and — “Don’t look behind the screen. Don’t look at the man behind the screen.”
“不要看屏幕后面!不要看屏幕后面的人!”
It was just like that, because what you started to see is that all of these grand statesmen,
因为当你开始看到的是那些大政治家,
these very pompous politicians, they were just like us. They all bitched about each other.
那些浮夸的政治家,他们就和我们一样。他们会互相说坏话。
I mean, quite gossipy, those cables.
对,挺多嘴的。
Okay, but I thought it was a very important point for all of us to grasp, these are human beings just like us.
但我觉得这些都需要我们知道。他们和我们普通人没什么区别。
They don’t have special powers. They’re not magic. They are not our parents.
他们并不是神一样的存在,没有什么魔法。他们不是我们父母。
Beyond that, what I found most fascinating was the level of endemic corruption that I saw across all different countries,
除了这些,我发现最惊奇的是不同国家的地区性腐败,
and particularly centered around the heart of power,
特别是围绕权力中心,
around public officials who were embezzling the public’s money for their own personal enrichment,
比如官员们为了自己的利益,挪用公款,
and allowed to do that because of official secrecy.
正是由于官方机密才造成了这种情况。
记者希瑟·布鲁克说,我们的领导人应当是可靠的。布鲁克揭露了英国国会财政支出,从而引发了2009年一起重要的政治丑闻。她强烈要求我们通过诸如信息寻求自由之类的平台来向领导人发问,并且最终得到答案。