TED演讲:为什么要跟别人一样?(3)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 91180 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
Another world was opening up around this time: performance and dancing.
在这个时候,另一个世界出现了:那就是表演和舞蹈。
That nagging dread of self-hood didn’t exist when I was dancing.
对于自我纠缠不清的恐惧,在我跳舞时并不存在。
I’d literally lose myself. And I was a really good dancer.
我像是失去了自己。我是一个好的舞蹈演员。
I would put all my emotional expression into my dancing.
我会把我所有的感情投入到舞蹈中去。
I could be in the movement in a way that I wasn’t able to be in my real life, in myself.
在舞蹈中,我能完成我在现实中自己无法做到的动作。
And at 16, I stumbled across another opportunity, and I earned my first acting role in a film.
当我16岁时,我无意中遇到另一个机遇,得到了我的第一个电影角色。
I can hardly find the words to describe the peace I felt when I was acting.
我难以找到言语来形容在表演中。
My dysfunctional self could actually plug in to another self, not my own, and it felt so good.
我感受到的平静,我那残缺的自我,终于融入了不是我自己的另一个自我,这种感觉真好。
It was the first time that I existed inside a fully-functioning self
那是我第一次存在于一个正常运作的自我,
one that I controlled, that I steered, that I gave life to.
一个我可以控制的、可以操纵的、可以赋予生命的自我。
But the shooting day would end, and I’d return to my gnarly, awkward self.
但是拍摄的日子终会结束,我也会回到我那扭曲尴尬的自我。
演员桑迪·牛顿讲述她是如何找到自己的“另一面”–先是作为一个在两种截然不同的文化中成长的小孩,然后作为一个饰演不同人物的演员。这是一场来自TEDGlobal 2011的温暖的、充满智慧的演讲。