TED演讲:为什么要跟别人一样?(3)

Another world was opening up around this time: performance and dancing.

在这个时候,另一个世界出现了:那就是表演和舞蹈。

That nagging dread of self-hood didn't exist when I was dancing.

对于自我纠缠不清的恐惧,在我跳舞时并不存在。

I'd literally lose myself. And I was a really good dancer.

我像是失去了自己。我是一个好的舞蹈演员。

I would put all my emotional expression into my dancing.

我会把我所有的感情投入到舞蹈中去。

I could be in the movement in a way that I wasn't able to be in my real life, in myself.

在舞蹈中,我能完成我在现实中自己无法做到的动作。

And at 16, I stumbled across another opportunity, and I earned my first acting role in a film.

当我16岁时,我无意中遇到另一个机遇,得到了我的第一个电影角色。

I can hardly find the words to describe the peace I felt when I was acting.

我难以找到言语来形容在表演中。

My dysfunctional self could actually plug in to another self, not my own, and it felt so good.

我感受到的平静,我那残缺的自我,终于融入了不是我自己的另一个自我,这种感觉真好。

It was the first time that I existed inside a fully-functioning self

那是我第一次存在于一个正常运作的自我,

one that I controlled, that I steered, that I gave life to.

一个我可以控制的、可以操纵的、可以赋予生命的自我。

But the shooting day would end, and I'd return to my gnarly, awkward self.

但是拍摄的日子终会结束,我也会回到我那扭曲尴尬的自我。

演员桑迪·牛顿讲述她是如何找到自己的“另一面”–先是作为一个在两种截然不同的文化中成长的小孩,然后作为一个饰演不同人物的演员。这是一场来自TEDGlobal 2011的温暖的、充满智慧的演讲。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据