TED演讲:我那曝光政府腐败的战斗(11)

So he was talking about the law in Britain which is the Communications Data Bill, an absolutely outrageous piece of legislation.

而他在谈论一个令人愤怒的英国通信数据法案啊!

In America, you have the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act.

在美国,有网络情报分享和保护法案。

You’ve got drones now being considered for domestic surveillance.

有监控国家的机器。

You have the National Security Agency building the world’s giantest spy center.

有国家安全机构所,全球最大的间谍中心。

It’s just this colossal — it’s five times bigger than the U.S. Capitol,

就是有这么巨大。它是美国国会大厦的六倍,

in which they’re going to intercept and analyze communications, traffic and personal data

在里面,他们拦截并检查他人的通信、流量和个人数据,

to try and figure out who’s the troublemaker in society.

然后找出哪些人是不“和谐”的。

Well, to go back to our original story, the parents have panicked. They’ve locked all the doors.

那么,现在回到我们最初说的故事。“父母”们开始慌张了,他们锁上门。

They’ve kitted out the house with CCTV cameras. They’re watching all of us.

他们在房子外面装上闭路相机,他们监视着我们。

They’ve dug a basement, and they’ve built a spy center to try and run algorithms and figure out which ones of us are troublesome,

他们挖了个地下室,他们修建了间谍中心,研究盘算着想找出我们之中不“乖”的人,

and if any of us complain about that, we’re arrested for terrorism.

如果我们中任何人抱怨了,我们会被逮捕,扣上“恐怖分子”的罪名。

Well, is that a fairy tale or a living nightmare? Some fairy tales have happy endings. Some don’t.

那是童话,还是噩梦?一些童话有美好结局。一些则没有。

I think we’ve all read the Grimms’ fairy tales, which are, indeed, very grim.

大家都读过格林童话吧,那确实很恐怖。

But the world isn’t a fairy tale, and it could be more brutal than we want to acknowledge.

但我们的世界不是童话。世界可能比我们会承认的更加残酷。

Equally, it could be better than we’ve been led to believe,

同样,世界也可能比我们想象的更好,

but either way, we have to start seeing it exactly as it is, with all of its problems,

不过无论是哪种,我们需要客观的看到世界的真相,世界的问题,

because it’s only by seeing it with all of its problems that we’ll be able to fix them

因为只有通过清楚地看见世界的真相和问题,我们才能解决这些问题,

and live in a world in which we can all be happily ever after. Thank you very much.

才能在世界上活的更美好。谢谢大家!

记者希瑟·布鲁克说,我们的领导人应当是可靠的。布鲁克揭露了英国国会财政支出,从而引发了2009年一起重要的政治丑闻。她强烈要求我们通过诸如信息寻求自由之类的平台来向领导人发问,并且最终得到答案。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据