TED演讲:个体DNA检测的时代来了(8)

But we’ve definitely reached a point in history where every one of you could actually get hands-on with DNA in your kitchen.

但是我们绝对达到了历史上的一个节点,每个人都能在厨房亲自进行DNA检测试验。

You could copy, paste and analyze DNA and extract meaningful information from it.

你能复制、粘贴和分析DNA,从中提取有用的信息。

And it’s at times like this that profound transformation is bound to happen;

在这种情况下,这种深刻的转变一定会发生;

moments when a transformative, powerful technology that was before limited to a select few in the ivory tower,

当改变发生时, 那些在之前仅限于少数象牙塔中的强大技术,

finally becomes within the reach of every one of us, from farmers to schoolchildren.

最终能够让我们每一个人接触和使用到,从农民到学生。

Think about the moment when phones stopped being plugged into the wall by cords,

想想那一刻,当手机不再需要插线进行充电,

or when computers left the mainframe and entered your home or your office.

又或者当电脑脱离了大型计算机构架,进入你的家里或者办公室中。

The ripples of the personal DNA revolution may be hard to predict,

个人DNA革命的涟漪可能很难预测,

but one thing is certain: revolutions don’t go backwards, and DNA technology is already spreading faster than our imagination.

但有一件事是可以确定的:革命不会倒退,DNA技术已经蔓延得比我们的想象更快。

So if you’re curious, get up close and personal with DNA — today.

所以,如果你很好奇,去近距离探索个人化DNA吧–就从今天开始。

It is in our DNA to be curious. Thank you.

因为好奇就存在于我们基因中。谢谢大家。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据