TED演讲:个体DNA检测的时代来了(8)

But we've definitely reached a point in history where every one of you could actually get hands-on with DNA in your kitchen.

但是我们绝对达到了历史上的一个节点,每个人都能在厨房亲自进行DNA检测试验。

You could copy, paste and analyze DNA and extract meaningful information from it.

你能复制、粘贴和分析DNA,从中提取有用的信息。

And it's at times like this that profound transformation is bound to happen;

在这种情况下,这种深刻的转变一定会发生;

moments when a transformative, powerful technology that was before limited to a select few in the ivory tower,

当改变发生时, 那些在之前仅限于少数象牙塔中的强大技术,

finally becomes within the reach of every one of us, from farmers to schoolchildren.

最终能够让我们每一个人接触和使用到,从农民到学生。

Think about the moment when phones stopped being plugged into the wall by cords,

想想那一刻,当手机不再需要插线进行充电,

or when computers left the mainframe and entered your home or your office.

又或者当电脑脱离了大型计算机构架,进入你的家里或者办公室中。

The ripples of the personal DNA revolution may be hard to predict,

个人DNA革命的涟漪可能很难预测,

but one thing is certain: revolutions don't go backwards, and DNA technology is already spreading faster than our imagination.

但有一件事是可以确定的:革命不会倒退,DNA技术已经蔓延得比我们的想象更快。

So if you're curious, get up close and personal with DNA — today.

所以,如果你很好奇,去近距离探索个人化DNA吧–就从今天开始。

It is in our DNA to be curious. Thank you.

因为好奇就存在于我们基因中。谢谢大家。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据