TED演讲之说什么 单词的诞生(5)

And the implications of this — there are many,

这其中蕴含的–有很多意义

but one I just want to point out, is that there must be amazing feedback loops.

但是我想指出的其中的一个,就是这个过程中必定包涵了一个惊人的反馈循环

Of course, my son is learning from his linguistic environment, but the environment is learning from him.

当然,我的儿子是在他的语言环境中学习,但是那个环境也在向他学习

That environment, people, are in these tight feedback loops

环境,人,都在这个紧密的反馈循环中

and creating a kind of scaffolding that has not been noticed until now.

并建立了一种类似脚手架的互相支撑关系,这是之前没有被注意到的

But that's looking at the speech context. What about the visual context?

这是关注讲话的语境来看。若是从视觉环境来看呢?

We're not looking at — think of this as a dollhouse cutaway of our house.

我们现在看到的是–想象这是用我们家做样板做的洋娃娃屋

We've taken those circular fish-eye lens cameras, and we've done some optical correction,

我们使用环状鱼眼睛摄像机,我们还做了些光学修正

and then we can bring it into three-dimensional life. So welcome to my home.

然后我们就可以把它做成三维录像。欢迎到我家来

This is a moment, one moment captured across multiple cameras.

这是其中的一刻,通过几个录相机拍下的同一时刻

The reason we did this is to create the ultimate memory machine,

我们这样做是为了创造出终极的记忆机器

where you can go back and interactively fly around and then breathe video-life into this system.

你可以用互动的方式前后快速搜寻,然后用这系统体验录像生活

What I'm going to do is give you an accelerated view of 30 minutes, again, of just life in the living room.

我要做的是,是给你们看一段压缩了30分钟的速放录像,这次也是在客厅

That's me and my son on the floor. And there's video analytics that are tracking our movements.

这是我和我儿子在地上。这是影片分析,跟踪我们的移动

My son is leaving red ink. I am leaving green ink.

我儿子的留下了红色的轨迹,我的是绿色的

We're now on the couch, looking out through the window at cars passing by.

我们在沙发上看着窗外汽车开过

And finally, my son playing in a walking toy by himself.

最后,我儿子自己玩他的学步玩具

Now we freeze the action, 30 minutes, we turn time into the vertical axis,

现在定格,30分钟,我们将时间放到垂直轴上

and we open up for a view of these interaction traces we've just left behind.

然后我们打开刚才留下的互动的轨迹。

演讲简介

麻省理工大学的研究员戴·罗伊希望了解他的初生儿子是怎样学习语言的,因此他在家里四处装置了摄像机捕捉儿子成长的几乎每一刻,然后将9万小时的家庭录像进行分析,观察“gaaaa”渐渐转变成“水”的过程。这一惊人的资料丰富的研究对帮助我们了解人类是如果学习起到了深远的作用。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据