TED演讲:取消订阅邮件的苦恼(2)
So what I did was I scrolled down to the bottom of the email, and I pressed, “Unsubscribe.”
于是我滑到邮箱的最底部,点击了下“取消订阅”。
And I thought that’d be the end of it. But a week later, I got another one that said,
我想这样应该就会清净了。但是一周后,我收到了另一封邮件写到,
“Just two weeks until SafeMart at King’s Cross opens!!!”
“还有两周安全超市即将在国王十字路口开张啦!!!”
And I thought, obviously, I haven’t clicked hard enough.
我想,应该是我上次没有退订成功。
So I tried it again. Right? Lo and behold, a week passes, you guessed it,
然后我又退订了一次,这样应该好了吧?没想到,过了一周,你猜怎么着,
“Just one week until SafeMart at King’s Cross opens!!!”
“还有一周,安全超市 即将在国王十字路口开张啦!!!”
And here’s the problem: The internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
这就有问题了:互联网让我们与世界相连;同时也让所有东西与我们相连。
It’s hard enough to discriminate between the things that genuinely matter in this world and the minutiae of life,
我们可能就会很难分辨世界上真正重要的东西和生活中的鸡毛蒜皮,
without having emails about supermarket chains and Candy Crush Saga.
如果没有关于连锁超市和糖果传奇(一款手机游戏)的邮件。
And I was really annoyed with them, and I thought, OK, I was about to write a strongly worded email, which I can do quite well.
我真的被它们搞烦了,我想,看来我必须要写一封语气很重的回复邮件了,我很擅长这种事儿。
And I thought, no — I’m going to find the game. So I replied to it, and I said, “I literally cannot wait!!!!”
然后我仔细想想,不–我要陪它们玩下去。所以我回复了它,我写到,“我真是等不及了啊!!!”
“What do you need from me?”
“我可以为你们做些什么呢?”
They got back to me; a guy called Dan said, “Hi James. I’ve asked a colleague to help me with your query.”
一个叫Dan的人给我回复了,写道:“你好 James。我就你的问题向我的同事咨询了一下。”
很多你不记得的东西是很搞笑的。前几天我去看我老妈,她告诉我了这样一个故事,我已经完全忘了,我们曾经一起开车出去,她要停车,当她从车里出来,围着车绕了一圈,然后准备让我也下车,我那时已经下了车,并且假装已经死了。