TED演讲之说什么 单词的诞生(11)
So, to summarize, the idea is this:
所以,总结来说,观点是:
As our world becomes increasingly instrumented
当我们的世界变得越来越工具化
and we have the capabilities to collect and connect the dots
我们有能力搜集和链接一个一个小点
between what people are saying and the context they’re saying it in,
将人们的话语和他们说这些话时所处得环境联系起来
what’s emerging is an ability to see new social structures and dynamics that have previously not been seen.
那么呈现的将是洞悉社会结构和社交动态的新视野,那是以前我们没有看见过的
It’s like building a microscope or telescope
这好像是造一个显微镜或者望远镜
and revealing new structures about our own behavior around communication.
展示了我们交流和行为间的新结构
And I think the implications here are profound, whether it’s for science, for commerce, for government,
我觉得其意义是深远的,无论是对科学而言,还是对商业、政府而言
or perhaps most of all, for us as individuals.
或许更重要的是,对我们每个人而言
And so just to return to my son,
所以我们把话题回到我的儿子
when I was preparing this talk, he was looking over my shoulder,
当我在准备这个演讲时,他在我身后看着
and I showed him the clips I was going to show to you today, and I asked him for permission — granted.
我给他看了这段我今天将要给你们看的录相,我征求他的同意,他同意了
And then I went on to reflect, “Isn’t it amazing, this entire database, all these recordings,
然后我想,“这真是神奇的事情,整个数据库,所有这些录相
I’m going to hand off to you and to your sister” — who arrived two years later —
我会给交给你和你的妹妹”–妹妹是两年后出生的
“and you guys are going to be able to go back and re-experience moments
“你们两个将能够回顾重温
that you could never, with your biological memory, possibly remember the way you can now?”
你们生物记忆无法记得的这些时刻。”
演讲简介:
麻省理工大学的研究员戴·罗伊希望了解他的初生儿子是怎样学习语言的,因此他在家里四处装置了摄像机捕捉儿子成长的几乎每一刻,然后将9万小时的家庭录像进行分析,观察“gaaaa”渐渐转变成“水”的过程。这一惊人的资料丰富的研究对帮助我们了解人类是如果学习起到了深远的作用。