TED演讲:小国家的大想法–摒弃化石燃料(7)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 92837 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
So if we want to get rid of oil-based transportation, we can,
所以如果我们想放弃以石油为主的交通系统,我们完全可以,
because we have options now that we didn’t have before. It’s really exciting.
因为现在我们拥有以前所没有的选择。这真的是非常激动人心。
But of course, some get very uncomfortable with this idea,
不过当然,有些人会对这个想法感到不快,
and they will come and they will tell you that the world is stuck with oil, and so is Costa Rica, so get real.
然后他们会来跟你说,整个世界只能被石油左右,哥斯达黎加也在所难免,所以现实一点吧。
That’s what they tell you. And you know what the answer to that argument is?
这是他们的说法。那你们知道该怎么回应这番辩词吗?
That in 1948, we didn’t say the world is stuck with armies, so let’s keep our army, too.
在1948年的时候,我们并没有说因为世界都被军队掌控,那我们也留着我们的军队吧。
No, we made a very brave choice, and that choice made the whole difference.
不,我们做了一个勇敢的决定,而且这个决定为哥斯达黎加人民带来了翻天覆地的改变。
So it’s time for this generation to be brave again and abolish fossil fuels for good.
所以是时候该让我们这一代人再次勇敢起来,彻底摒弃化石燃料。
And I’ll give you three reasons why we have to do this.
而且我也有三个理由来解释我们为什么一定要这样做。
First, our model of transportation and urbanization is broken,
第一,我们的交通和城市化模式已经千疮百孔,
so this is the best moment to redefine our urban and mobility future.
所以这是重新定义城市和运输系统的未来的最佳时机。
We don’t want cities that are built for cars.
我们不想要为汽车而建的城市。
We want cities for people where we can walk and we can use bikes.
我们想要的是为人民百姓而建的城市,在那里我们可以走路,可以骑自行车。
And we want public transportation, lots of it, public transportation that is clean and dignifying.
并且我们需要的是公共交通,庞大的,纯净无污染的,更高尚的公共交通系统。
Because if we continue adding fleets of conventional cars, our cities will become unbearable.
因为如果我们继续购买更多的传统汽车,我们的城市将不堪重负。
毋庸置疑,全球气候变化已成为人类面临的最大威胁,一个小国家应该为地球做些什么呢?