丘吉尔演讲稿(2)

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering.

我们所面临的将是一场极其严酷的考验,将是旷日持久的斗争和苦难。

You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea and air.

若问我们的政策是什么?我的回答是:在陆上、海上、空中作战。

War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us,

尽我们的全力,尽上帝赋予我们的全部力量去作战,

and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime.

对人类黑暗、可悲的罪恶史上空前凶残的暴政作战。

That is our policy.

这就是我们的政策。

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word, It is victory.

若问我们的目标是什么?我可以用一个词来回答,那就是胜利。

Victory at all costs -victory in spite of all terrors-victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

不惜一切代价,去夺取胜利——不惧一切恐怖,去夺取胜利——不论前路如何漫长、如何艰苦,去夺取胜利。因为没有胜利就不能生存。

Let that be realized.

我们务必认识到,

No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge,

没有胜利就不复有大英帝国,没有胜利就不复有大英帝国所象征的一切,

the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.

没有胜利就不复有多少世纪以来的强烈要求和冲动:人类应当向自己的目标迈进。

I take up my task in buoyancy and hope.

我精神振奋、满怀信心地承担起我的任务。

I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men.

我确信,大家联合起来,我们的事业就不会遭到挫败。

I feel entitled at this juncture, at this time, to claim the aid of all.

在此时此刻的危急关头,我觉得我有权要求各方面的支持。

And to say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

我要说,来吧,让我们群策群力,并肩前进!

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据