TED演讲之感动重临 一人饰演地球村内多个角色(5)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 93554 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
I usually have to just like try to calm down and take a deep breath.
通常我要深呼吸让自己镇静下来
But then on top of that, you know, Sarah Jones told me we only have 18 minutes.
但更糟糕的是,莎拉琼斯告诉我,我们总共只有18分钟
So then I’m like, should I be nervous, you know, because maybe it’s better.
于是我想也许我应该紧张点儿才好
And I’m just trying not to panic and freak out. So I like, take a deep breath.
我要尽量不慌张,所以我得深呼吸
Okay. Sorry. So anyway, what I was trying to say is that I really love TED.
好了,我想说我真的很喜欢TED
Like, I love everything about this. It’s amazing.
我喜欢这里的一切,太不可思议了
Like, it’s — I can’t get over this right now.
我克服不了这个(紧张情绪)
And, like, people would not believe, seriously, where I’m from, that this even exists.
说真的,人们都不相信我是从哪来的,不相信居然有这么个地方
You know, like even, I mean I love like the name, the — TED.
我喜欢TED这个名字
I mean I know it’s a real person and everything, but I’m just saying that like,
我知道这是个真人的名字,我只想说
you know, I think it’s very cool how it’s also an acronym, you know,
这居然还是个缩略语,真是太酷了
which is like, you know, is like very high concept and everything like that. I like that.
这听起来非常高深。我喜欢
And actually, I can relate to the whole like acronym thing and everything.
事实上,我自己跟缩略语也很有关系
Because, actually, I’m a sophomore at college right now.
我现在是大学二年级的学生
At my school — actually I was part of co-founding an organization, which is like a leadership thing,
我在学校跟几个朋友成立了一个组织,也颇有领导意义
you know, like you guys, you would really like it and everything.
就像你们一样,你们一定会喜欢这个想法的
And the organization is called DA BOMB, and DA BOMB — not like what you guys can build and everything —
这个组织叫DA BOMB,我们的DA BOMB组织比不上你们所创造的这些(伟大的东西)
it’s like, DA BOMB, it means like Dominican — it’s an acronym —
DA BOMB也是个缩略语
Dominican-American Benevolent Organization for Mothers and Babies.
全称是多米尼加裔美国人慈善组织为了母亲和婴儿们
So, I know, see, like the name is like a little bit long, but with the war on terror and everything,
我知道这个名字有点长,但是因为反恐战争这类原因
the Dean of Student Activities has asked us to stop saying DA BOMB and use the whole thing so nobody would get the wrong idea, whatever.
校学生活动的主任不让我们用DA BOMB这个简称,让我们要用全称以避免歧义
So, basically like DA BOMB — what Dominican-American Benevolent Organization for Mothers and Babies does
所以说DA BOMB这个组织,我是说,多米尼加裔美国人慈善组织为了母亲和婴儿们
is, basically, we try to advocate for students who show a lot of academic promise and who also happen to be mothers like me.
我们努力为在学业上很有前途的学生们争取权益,而且这些学生跟我一样同时也是母亲
演讲简介:
这是一段精采绝伦的演出。莎拉·琼斯一个人分别扮演了一位固执的犹太老太太、一个语速极快的多米尼加裔女大学生以及其他众多精彩角色。她为TED2009展示了她极其丰富的多面性格。