奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统阐释劳工节传承的财富(2)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 94135 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
It's why I issued a call to raise the minimum wage, and when Congress ignored that call, 18 states and the District of Columbia,
我还呼吁提高最低工资,而国会对此无动于衷时,有18 个州和哥伦比亚特区
plus another 51 cities and counties went ahead and gave their workers a raise.
加上其它51 个城镇却行动起来,给他们的工人加薪。
It's why the very first bill I signed was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act;
这就是为什么我尽早签署《莱德贝特公平报酬法》;
why we gave paid sick days to federal contractors;
我们提供带薪病假给联邦承包人;
why we've fought for worker safety and the right to organize.
我们为工人的安全和组织的权利而战。
And we've made good progress.
我们已经取得了良好的进展。
For a few years after the recession, the top one percent did capture almost all income gains.
经济衰退后的几年,1%最富有者几乎都有办法增加收入。
But that share has been cut by almost half. Last year, income for everybody else grew at the fastest pace since the 1990s.
但那时股价几乎被腰斩。去年,每个人的收入增长速度是1990 年代以来的最快的。
And another 20 million Americans know the financial security of health insurance.
另有2 千万名美国人知晓健康保险的金融保障。
I'm the first to say we've got more work to do in the years ahead.
我首先提出,我们在未来的岁月里还有更多的工作要做。
I know we're in the heat of a more raucous political season than usual.
我知道我们身处于比平时更加热络的政治季节里。
But we can't get so distracted by the latest bluster that we lose sight of the policies that will actually help working families get ahead.
但我们不能被争吵声分散注意力,而看不见的政策实际上会帮助工薪家庭获得成功。
The truth is, that's what's caused some of the frustration that's roiling our politics right now
这是真的,现在政治动荡引起一些失落感,
too many working folks still feel left behind by an economy that's constantly changing.
太多工作的人们还是觉得跟不上当前经济波动的节奏。
So as a country, we've got to make some choices.
作为一个国家,我们有一些选项要抉择。
Do we want to be a country where the typical woman working full-time earns 79 cents for every dollar a man makes
典型的女性全职工作的国家,是女工赚0.79 美元的岗位男性却能赚一美元,
or one where they earn equal pay for equal work?
还是男女同工同酬?
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。