TED演讲之游戏的力量:最棒的游戏社交圈(4)

We're going to jump onto the next one, maybe. Yes.

或许我们可以开始讨论下一个动机了。

Influence and status.

影响力和地位

So this is one of the most famous game dynamics.

这是最出名的游戏动机之一。

It's used all over the place.

在很多地方都可以利用它。

It's used in your wallets, right now.

你的钱包里现在就有它。

We all want that credit card on the far left because it's black.

我们都想拥有最左边那张信用卡,因为它是美国运通顶级黑卡。

And you see someone at CVS or —

你会见到在财富五百强工作的人或者——

not CVS — at Christian Dior or something, and then …

不是财富五百强——在迪奥或者别的什么精品店,这张卡会出现,

I don't know. I don't have a black card; I've got a debit card.

我不大清楚,因为我没有运通黑卡,我只有一张借记卡。

So they whip it out. And you see men, they have that black card.

他们把卡拿出来。你会看着这个人,哇,他们有运通黑卡。

I want that because that means that they're cooler than I am, and I need that.

我也想要有这样的卡片因为这张卡意味着身份高人一等,所以我也想要一个。

And this is used in games as well.

游戏中也有这种动机。

"Modern Warfare," one of the most successful selling games of all time.

“魔兽世界”是一款卖的最好的游戏。

I'm only a level four, but I desperately want to be a level 10,

我现在只玩到了4级,我特别想达到10级,

because they've got that cool red badge thing,

因为到达十级后就可以拿到很酷的红色勋章,

and that means that I am somehow better than everyone else.

意味着我比其他人都棒。

And that's very powerful to me. Status is really good motivator.

这对我很有吸引力。地位确实是很强的动力。

It's also used in more conventional settings

在很传统的地方也会有地位发挥作用的情况,

and can be used more consciously in conventional settings.

并且可以在这些地方更加刻意地利用它。

School — and remember, I made it through one year,

比如学校——别忘了我还上过一学年,

so I think I'm qualified to talk on school —

所以我还是有资格谈论学校的——

is a game, it's just not a terribly well-designed game, right.

它就是一个游戏,是一款设计的不那么好的游戏。

There are levels. There are C. There are B. There is A.

那里也有等级,包括C等,B等,A等。

There are statuses. I mean, what is valedictorian, but a status?

这里有地位之分。我的意思是,如果把毕业生致辞比作地位?

If we called valedictorian a "white knight paladin level 20,"

如果我们把毕业生致辞的地位命名为“白爵士圣骑士二十级”,

I think people would probably work a lot harder.

我认为同学们会更加努力的学习。

So school is a game, and there have been lots of experimentations on how we do this properly.

所以学校就是一个游戏场。我们可以做很多实验尝试把学校办的更好。

But let's use it consciously. Like why have games that you can lose?

让我们自觉地利用它。比如为什么制定会输的游戏?

Why go from an A to an F or a B to a C?

为什么会从A到F,从B到C?

That sucks. Why not level-up?

这太糟了。为什么不能晋级?

And at Princeton, they've actually experimented with this,

在普里斯顿,他们正实验着这么做,

where they have quizzes where you gain experience points, and you level up from B to an A.

有一些可以得到经验分的小测试,可以从B等升到A等。

And it's very powerful.

这种力量很强大。

It can be used in interesting ways.

人们可以采取各种有趣的形式利用它。

演讲简介

迄今,我们已经习惯了用Facebook和Twitter获取网络上的社交关系资源——建立在真实世界上的网络社交圈。在TED波士顿,Seth Priebatsch展望了下一个正在建设中的:“游戏社交圈”,并讲述了非常强劲的,将会改变教育和商业的,行为驱动的游戏动机。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据