TED演讲之游戏的力量:为了理解而游戏

When we think of games, there's all kinds of things.

当我们提起游戏时,脑海中会浮现很多回忆。

Maybe you're ticked off, or maybe you're looking forward to a new game.

或许你被某个游戏折磨得够呛,或许你正在期待着一款新游戏,

You've been up too late playing a game.

或许你为了玩游戏而熬夜。

All these things happen to me.

所有这些都发生在我身上。

But when we think about games, a lot of times we think about stuff like this:

但是大部分时候,当我们想到“游戏”通常想到的是:

first-person shooters, or the big, what we would call AAA games,

第一人称射击游戏,或者大型的我们称之为3A级的游戏,

or maybe you're a Facebook game player.

或者,你喜欢玩Facebook里的小游戏。

This is one my partner and I worked on.

这是我跟搭档一起设计的一款游戏。

Maybe you play Facebook games, and that's what we're making right now.

如果你玩Facebook游戏,这就是我们现在正在设计的游戏。

This is a lighter form of game.

这是一种小型的游戏。

Maybe you think about the tragically boring board games that hold us hostage in Thanksgiving situations.

或许你想到的是那些极为无聊的棋盘游戏,那些我们在感恩节时不得不玩的游戏。

This would be one of those tragically boring board games that you can figure out.

这个游戏就是那些你能想到的非常无聊的棋盘游戏之一。

Or maybe you're in your living room, you know,

又或许你在客厅里,

playing with the Wii with the kids, or something like that,

与孩子们一起玩Wii或者类似的游戏。

and, you know, there's this whole range of games, and that's very much what I think about.

另外,还有各种各样的游戏,这差不多就是我所能想到的游戏种类。

I make my living from games.

我以设计游戏为生。

I've been lucky enough to do this since I was 15,

我很幸运能够15岁就从事这行,

which also qualifies as I've never really had a real job.

另一方面这也意味着我从没有过一份真正的工作。

But we think about games as fun, and that's completely reasonable, but let's just think about this.

人们认为游戏是有趣的,这是完全合理的,但让我们从另一个角度来想一想。

So this one here, this is the 1980 Olympics.

请看这张照片,这是1980年的奥运会。

Now I don't know where you guys were, but I was in my living room.

我不清楚你们当时在什么地方,当时我在我家的客厅里。

It was practically a religious event.

这场比赛实际上是一次意识形态的对抗。

And this is when the Americans beat the Russians,

照片上就是美国队击败苏联队的瞬间,

and this was — yes, it was technically a game.

这是——是的,从技术上讲仍是一种游戏。

Hockey is a game. But really, was this a game?

曲棍球是一种游戏。但说真的,这场比赛算是“游戏”吗?

I mean, people cried.

我的意思是,有人因此哭泣。

I've never seen my mother cry like that at the end of Monopoly.

我从没见过我母亲在玩完《大富翁》之后会哭成那样。

And so this was just an amazing experience.

所以这只是一次“绝妙的体验”。

Or, you know, if anybody here is from Boston —

或者,如果这里有谁是从波士顿来的

So when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series after,

当波士顿红袜队再次赢得世界冠军,

I believe, 351 years, when they won the World Series, it was amazing.

我想,距上次夺冠应该有351年了,当他们赢得了世界冠军,这真令人惊叹。

I happened to be living in Springfield at the time,

当时我刚好住在斯普林菲尔德

and the best part of it was — is that —

最精彩的部分是——

you would close the women's door in the bathroom, and I remember seeing "Go Sox," and I thought, really?

如果你到女厕所,关上门,我记得看到门上写着"加油,红袜队",我当时想,不是吧?

Or the houses, you'd come out, because every game,

另外大家都会从屋子里跑出来,因为每一场比赛,

well, I think almost every game, went into overtime, right?

嗯,我记得几乎每一场比赛都会进入加时赛,对吗?

So we'd be outside, and all the other lights are on, on the whole block

所以我们会到户外,周围所有的灯都亮着,整个街区都亮着,

and kids, like, the attendance was down in school, and kids weren't going to school.

而孩子们逃课变得比较普遍,他们都不怎么去上学了。

But it's okay, it's the Red Sox, right?

但这没什么,因为是红袜队,对吧?

I mean, there's education, and then there's the Red Sox,

我的意思是,一方面是上学,然后一方面是红袜队,

and we know where they're stacked.

我们知道它们孰轻孰重。

So this was an amazing experience, and again, yes,

所以这是一种“绝妙的体验”,而且再一次——是的,

it was a game, but they didn't write newspaper articles,

这是一场游戏,但他们没在报纸上写文章,

people didn't say — you know, really, "I can die now because the Red Sox won." And many people did.

因为人们不会说——你知道,真的,“我现在感觉快死了,因为红袜队赢了比赛。”其实很多人那样说了。

So games, it means something more to us.

所以“游戏”对我们而言有更多的意义。

It absolutely means something more.

它绝对拥有更多的意义。

演讲简介

严重复杂的悲剧事件一直以来都很难被人理解。当布伦达·布拉思韦特(Brenda Brathwaite)的女儿放学回家,问她有关奴隶制的问题时,她发挥了她的工作技能来回答这个问题——她设计了一款游戏。在“TEDx凤凰城”沙龙上,她介绍了这款游戏出乎意料的有效性,还有其他的一系列类似的游戏。这些游戏都能帮助玩家真正的理解游戏背后的故事。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据