TED演讲之心灵的世界:精神疾病有什么可笑的?(3)

Go figure.

想想看

But I got a little bad news for you folks. I got some bad news.

我这里也有些坏消息想对你们说,我有些坏消息

This isn't for the one in four. This is for the four in four.

比例不是四分之一,而是四分之四

We are not equipped for the 21st century.

我们还没准备好过21世纪

Evolution did not prepare us for this.

进化并没有帮我们做好准备,

We just don't have the bandwidth, and for people who say, oh, they're having a nice day,

我们没有相关的连接,对于那些人说他们过了美好的一天

they're perfectly fine, they're more insane than the rest of us.

说他们过得非常好,他们比我们其他人还要疯狂

Because I'll show you where there might be a few glitches in evolution.

因为我会给你们看哪里会有些进化的故障,

Okay, let me just explain this to you.

好,让我解释给你们听

When we were ancient man a millions of years ago,

当我们是古人的时候,几百万年以前,

and we suddenly felt threatened by a predator, okay?

我们突然受到捕食者的威胁,好吗?

We would…Thank you. I drew these myself.

我们会,谢谢,我自己画的

Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you.

非常感谢,谢谢,谢谢

Thank you. Anyway, we would fill up with our own adrenaline and our own cortisol,

谢谢,不管怎么说,我们会激增自己的肾上腺素和提脂醇,

and then we'd kill or be killed,

然后我们会展开杀戮或被杀

we'd eat or we'd be eaten, and then suddenly we'd de-fuel, and we'd go back to normal. Okay.

我们会进食或被食,我们会瞬间发泄出这些化学物质,然后我们回到正常,好的

So the problem is, nowadays, with modern man

问题是,现在的现代人

when we feel in danger, we still fill up with our own chemical

当我们感到危险时,我们依然激增身体的化学物质

but because we can't kill traffic wardens or eat estate agents,

但因为我们不能杀掉交通管制员或吃掉地产经纪人,

the fuel just stays in our body over and over,

这些物质一直在我们的身体里面反反复复地,

so we're in a constant state of alarm, a constant state.

所以我们一直处在持续警惕的状态,一个持续的状态,

And here's another thing that happened.

然后发生了另一件事

About 150,000 years ago, when language came online,

大概15万年前,语言开始形成

we started to put words to this constant emergency,

我们开始把这种持续警惕的状态用语言表达出来

so it wasn't just, "Oh my God, there's a saber-toothed tiger,"

不止是 “我的天啊,有只剑齿虎”

which could be, it was suddenly, "Oh my God, I didn't send the email. Oh my God, my thighs are too fat.

它可以突然是 “我的天,我没发邮件,我的天,我的大腿好粗

Oh my God, everybody can see I'm stupid. I didn't get invited to the Christmas party!"

我的天啊,每个人都知道我犯蠢了,我没被邀请去圣诞派对!”

So you've got this nagging loop tape that goes over and over again that drives you insane,

你不停地有这唠叨的卷带放着一遍又一遍地把你逼疯了,

so, you see what the problem is?

那么,你看到问题所在了吗,

What once made you safe now drives you insane.

曾经让你感到安全的东西,现在正把你逼疯

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but somebody has to be.

我很抱歉做了坏消息的信者,但有人得告诉你

Your pets are happier than you are.

你的宠物比你更快乐

So kitty cat, meow, happy happy happy, human beings, screwed.

小猫咪,喵,快乐快乐快乐,人类,完蛋了

Completely and utterly — so, screwed.

完完全全,彻彻底底地,完蛋了

But my point is, if we don't talk about this stuff,

我认为,如果我们不谈论这些问题

and we don't learn how to deal with our lives,

如果我们不学会处理我们的生活,

it's not going to be one in four.

那就不会再是四个中一个有问题,

It's going to be four in four who are really, really going to get ill in the upstairs department.

而是四个里面全都有问题,他们真的会生病住进高层病房

And while we're at it, can we please stop the stigma?

如果真的发生了,我们可不可以不再冠以污名

Thank you.

谢谢

演讲简介

身体疾病可博取同情,喜剧演员鲁比·怀克丝说到,除了那些大脑生病的。为什么会那样?活力四射幽默感十足的怀克丝,十年前被诊断出临床忧郁症,她敦促我们杜绝精神疾病的污名。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据