TED演讲:听到的色彩(2)

I didn't have to think about the notes.

对这些调子已经不需多加思索。

And after some time, this perception became a feeling.

再过一段时间,这种知觉就变成了一种感觉。

I started to have favorite colors,

我开始有了喜欢的颜色,

and I started to dream in colors.

我的梦里也开始有了色彩。

So, when I started to dream in color is when I felt that the software and my brain had united,

所以,当我有了彩色的梦时,我知道这个软件已经和我大脑合为一体了,

because in my dreams, it was my brain creating electronic sounds. It wasn't the software,

因为在梦里,是我的大脑在制造电子声音,而非这个软件,

so that's when I started to feel like a cyborg.

此时我觉得自己像个半机械人。

It's when I started to feel that the cybernetic device was no longer a device.

我开始意识到这个神经控制装置不再仅是一个电子装置。

It had become a part of my body,

它已经成为我身体的一部分,

an extension of my senses,

我知觉的一种延伸,

and after some time, it even became a part of my official image.

不久之后,它甚至成了我官方形象不可分割的一部分。

This is my passport from 2004.

这是我2004年的护照。

You're not allowed to appear on U.K. passports with electronic equipment, but I insisted to the passport office that what they were seeing,

在英国的护照相片上,你是不能戴任何电子装备的,但我坚持跟护照处的人说,你们看到的,

was actually a new part of my body,

其实是我身体新的一部分,

an extension of my brain, and they finally accepted me to appear with the passport photo.

是我大脑的延伸,最后他们同意了让我以这样的形象出现在护照上。

So, life has changed dramatically since I hear color,

所以自从我能听见颜色,我的生活发生了翻天覆地的变化

because color is almost everywhere,

因为颜色无处不在,

so the biggest change for example is going to an art gallery, I can listen to a Picasso,

最大的改变就是去艺术画廊,例如,我能听到毕加索了。

for example. So it's like I'm going to a concert hall,

这感觉就像去音乐厅,

because I can listen to the paintings.

因为我能到听到那些绘画作品。

And supermarkets, I find this is very shocking,

还有超市,这真心让我惊讶,

it's very, very attractive to walk along a supermarket.

在超市里漫步真的非常,非常吸引人。

It's like going to a nightclub.

就像去泡夜吧一样。

It's full of different melodies. Yeah.

耳边总响起不同的旋律。是这样的。

Especially the aisle with cleaning products.

尤其是那条卖清洁用品的过道。

It's just fabulous.

真是太神奇了。

Also, the way I dress has changed.

而且,我穿着的方式也变了。

Before, I used to dress in a way that it looked good.

以前,我只穿看起来还行的。

Artist Neil Harbisson从一出生起就是全色盲,但现在,他的大脑里安装了一个设备,可以将颜色转变成听得到的频率。虽然他看到的世界依然是灰暗的,但他能够“听”到由颜色组成的交响曲合奏–没错,他甚至能听到人们的脸和绘画。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据