米歇尔·奥巴马2015欧柏林学院毕业演讲(1)
Hi! How are you all doing? Are you sure?
大家好!你们过得好吗?你们确定吗?
Well, let me just tell you, it is beyond a pleasure and an honor to be here with all of you today.
好的,我告诉大家,我今天万分开心和荣幸和你们聚在一起。
I want to start by thanking President Krislov for that very kind introduction,
首先,感谢Krislov校长亲切的介绍,
as well as all of the trustees, the faculty, the staff here at Oberlin.
谢谢欧柏林学院校董事会和全体教职工。
I also want to tell you how proud and how moved I am to receive this honorary degree from this particular school
同时,我想告诉大家,可以接受这所如此特别学院的荣誉学位,我感到自豪和感动,
the first college in America to officially embrace the admission of black students,
欧柏林学院是美国第一所正式接收黑人学生的学校,
and the first co-ed school to grant bachelor’s degrees to women.
也是第一所授予女学生学士学位的男女同校的学校。
I should be here today.
今天,我应该出现在这里。
Oberlin is likely the only college in America that I could have attended nearly two centuries ago,
两个世纪前,欧柏林学院是全美唯一一所我可以上的大学,
and I am honored to be part of the extraordinary legacy of this great institution.
我很荣幸能够成为这座伟大学院的一部分。
I also want to take a moment on this Memorial Day to pay tribute to all of the brave men and women
同时,我想借着阵亡纪念日的机会,致敬那些勇士们,
who have sacrificed their lives so that we could sit here today,
他们牺牲了自己的性命,所以我们今天才可以坐在这里,
at peace, with rights and freedoms that others around the world can only dream of.
享受全球其他国家人民都梦寐以求的和平、权利和自由。
I am so proud to honor these American heroes today — and every day — for their extraordinary service to our nation.
我很自豪在今天以及每一天都向这些美国英雄们致敬–感谢他们为这个国家做出的杰出贡献。
And I’m also a little giddy to be joined on stage by another one of my heroes, Marian Wright Edelman.
我更加激动不已,因为我的另一位英雄玛丽亚·赖特·埃德尔曼,也在这个台上。
Her moral leadership on behalf of children in this country has inspired me throughout my career,
她在美国儿童权利事业上的领导力一直鼓励着我的职业生涯,
as well as my husband, the President of the United States.
也激励着我的丈夫,美国的总统。
And, graduates, I think we should give another shout-out to your families, of course, all the families.
毕业生们,我认为我们需要再次感谢你们的家人,当然,所有学生的家人。
These are the folks who pushed you and supported you.
正是他们不断鼓励和支持你。
They answered your late-night phone calls even when you were just calling for money.
他们在深夜接听你的电话,哪怕你只是打电话向他们要钱。
So on behalf of your students, I just want to show you all some love today, as well.
所以,我代表所有的学生,向在座的各位家人表达感谢。
Thank you for creating these fabulous individuals. Well done.
谢谢你们培养了这些出色的人士。做得漂亮。