米歇尔·奥巴马2015欧柏林学院毕业演讲(13)

And finally, think about how even with all the gridlock and polarization in Washington,

最后,请想一下即使在陷入僵局和两极分化严重的华盛顿,

we have made so much change these past six years: 12 million new jobs.

我们在过去六年中仍然做出了如此巨大的改变:新增1200万个就业岗位。

Sixteen million people who finally have health insurance.

1600万人终于有了医疗保险。

Historic agreements to fight climate change.

应对气候变化的历史性协议。

Epic increases in college financial aid.

大学财政补助大幅增加。

More progress on LGBT rights than any time in our history.

史无前例的LGBT权利的进步。

And today, it is no longer remarkable to see two beautiful black girls walking their dogs on the South Lawn of the White House lawn.

如今,看到两个漂亮的黑人女孩在白宫草坪的南草坪上遛狗,这已经很稀疏平常了。

That's just the way things are now.

这就是现状。

See, graduates, this is what happens when you turn your attention outward

看,毕业生们,当你将注意力转移到外面的世界,

and decide to brave the noise and engage yourself in the struggles of our time.

决定勇敢地面对喧嚣并参与到我们时代的斗争中的时候,这些就会发生。

And that's why, in his remarks 50 years ago, Dr. King urged the class of '65 to "stand up" and "be a concerned generation."

这是为什么在金博士50年前的演讲中,他敦促1965届的毕业生站起来,成为忧心的一代。

And, graduates, that call to action applies just as much to all of you today.

毕业生们,今天,行动起来的号召仍然适用于你们所有人。

And I want to be very clear:

我想让大家清楚一点:

Every city ordinance, every ballot measure, every law on the books in this country — that is your concern.

这个国家的每一项城市法令,每一种投票措施,书上的每条法律,都是你们该关心的。

What happens at every school board meeting, every legislative session — that is your concern.

每一届学校董事会,每一次立法会议,都是你们该关心的。

Every elected official who represents you, from dog catcher all the way to President of the United States — they are your concern.

每个你选举出来的可以代表你的官员,从捕狗队官员到美国总统,都是你们该关心的。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据