四个四重奏:第16期 东科克(8)

I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope

我对我的灵魂说,别作声,耐心等待但不要寄予希望,

For hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love

因为希望会变成对虚妄的希望;耐心等待但不要怀有爱恋,

For love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith

因为爱恋会变成对虚妄的爱恋;纵然犹有信心,

But the faith and the love and the hope are all in the waiting.

但是信心、爱和希望都在等待之中。

Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought:

耐心等待但不要思索,因为你还没有准备好思索:

So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.

这样黑暗必将变得光明,静止也将变成舞蹈。

Whisper of running streams, and winter lightning.

潺潺的溪水在低语,冬天有雷电闪烁。

The wild thyme unseen and the wild strawberry,

野百合花和野草莓没有被人赏识,

The laughter in the garden, echoed ecstasy

花园里那曾回想过当年狂喜的笑声

Not lost, but requiring, pointing to the agony

如今尤未消寂,但是在要求并暗示

Of death and birth.

死亡与降生的痛苦。

You say I am repeating something I have said before. I shall say it again.

你说我是在重复我以前说过的话。我还要再说一遍。

Shall I say it again? In order to arrive there,

要我再说一遍吗?为了要到达那儿,

To arrive where you are, to get from where you are not,

到达现在你所在的地方,离开现在你不在的地方,

You must go by a way wherein there is no ecstasy.

你必须经历一条其中并无引人入胜之处的道路。

In order to arrive at what you do not know

为了最终理解你所不理解的,

You must go by a way which is the way of ignorance.

你必须经历一条愚昧无知的道路。

In order to possess what you do not possess

为了占有你从未占有的东西,

You must go by the way of dispossession.

你必须经历被剥夺的道路。

In order to arrive at what you are not

为了达到你现在所不在的名位,

You must go by the way in which you are not.

你必须经历那条你不在其中的道路。

And what you do not know is the only thing you know

你所不了解的正是你所唯一了解的,

And what you own is what you do not own

而你所拥有的正是你所并不拥有的,

And where you are is where you are not.

而你所在的地方也正是你所不在的地方。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据