拜登2013宾夕法尼亚大学(13)

And they’re wrong about yours Graduates.

关于你们这一代 同样会如此 毕业生们

There’s the statement of history it’s never ever been a good bet to bet against America.

这是历史的叙述 把赌注都压在美国失败上 永远都不是很好的策略

And it’s a very bad bet to bet against your generation You’re the most competent, capable, caring generation.

把赌注压在你们这一代人失败上 则更是糟糕透顶 你们是美国有史以来最胜任 最能干 最具关怀的一代

This country has ever produced and I’m confident you’ll write a new and better chapter of American history.

你们是美国有史以来最胜任 最能干 最具关怀的一代 我很有信心 你们将书写美国历史更新更好的篇章

So have faith Have faith.

你们要有信心 要有信心

Do what you feel in your heart The possibilities are unlimited.

做你们心中觉得正确的事 一切皆有可能

I spent ten days with President Xi, the new president of China at the request of then-President Hu and President Obama.

我和中国的新主席 习主席一同度过了十天 这是应前任胡主席和奥巴马总统的邀请

To establish a personal relationship Tip O’Neill made famous the expression.

以建立个人关系 蒂普.奥尼尔有一句着名的话

“all politics is local” Far be it from me to improve upon my friend Tip O’Neill.

“所有政治都是地方政治” 倒不是我想改进我朋友蒂普.奥尼尔的话

But I think all politics is personal, including international politics Ladies and gentlemen.

不过我认为 所有政治都是个人的 包括国际政治 女士们 先生们

I looked and listened to the questions he had to ask, and the interest he had And the President asked me, what did I think after ten days.

我仔细听闻了他所希望求解的问题和他所拥有的兴趣 习主席问我 十天后我怎么想

人物简介

2013年宾夕法尼亚大学的毕业典礼上,学校请到了美国副总统拜登来为毕业生们做演说。

其中一段对于中国教育的描述引发了中国学生的关注,并引起了各种观点。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据