拜登2013宾夕法尼亚大学(6)

The Vietnam War was raging and in the shadow of my convention, Robert Kennedy was assassinated.

越南战争还在肆虐 正值我毕业之时 罗伯特.肯尼迪遇刺身亡

Our political system was in chaos But as we strode across that stage to receive our diplomas.

我们的政治系统乱作一团 但我们跨越了获得学位时的这段时期

To a person we were absolutely confident that the naysayers were wrong and that there were significant possibilities available to us.

现在的我们完全有信心说 否定者们错了 我们其实是有大量机遇可以把握的

We ended the war in Vietnam, we ended the nuclear stalemate the United States secured civil rights.

我们结束了越南战争 我们结束了核对峙 美国确保了民权

Fundamentally altered women's rights for the better began an environmental movement that's far from finished.

根本上改善了女性权利 开始了一场至今仍在持续的环境运动

Ushered in an information age that shrunk the world beyond recognition and in the process .

开辟了信息时代 以前人无法想象的方式让世界越来越小

Lay the foundation for a period of technological innovation.

在这个过程中 我们为科技革新奠定了基础

That generated the world's strongest economy in the 70s, 80s and the 90s Today, you're all graduating into another world.

创建了70 80 90年代世界最强的经济体 今天你们毕业后 将踏入另一个世界

That has changed equally and profoundly Different dangers and different possibilities.

它的改变同样而深刻 具有不同危险 不同可能性

Climate change left unattended by people with whom I work and I marvel at whether they got an education.

气候变化 我认识的一些人甚至觉得没必要在意 我对此感到惊诧 他们就像没受过教育

I'm serious To deny climate change today.

我是认真的 在今天竟然还否认气候变化

人物简介

2013年宾夕法尼亚大学的毕业典礼上,学校请到了美国副总统拜登来为毕业生们做演说。

其中一段对于中国教育的描述引发了中国学生的关注,并引起了各种观点。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据