双语美文之似水流年 (21)女人都漂亮

A little boy asked his mother why are you crying?

一个男孩问他的妈妈: 你为甚么要哭呢?

because I am a woman, she told him.

妈妈说:因为我是女人啊。

I don’t understand, he said.

男孩说:我不懂。

his mum just hugged him and said, and you never will.

他妈妈抱起他说:你永远不会懂得。

later the little boy asked his father, why does mother seem to cry for no reason?

後来小男孩就问他爸爸:妈妈为甚么毫无理由的哭呢?

all women cry for no reason, was all his dad could say.

所有女人都这样。他爸爸回答。

the little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

小男孩长成了一个男人,但仍就不懂女人为甚么哭泣。

finally he put in a call to god; and when god got on the phone, he asked,god, why do women cry so easily?

最后,他打电话给上帝;当上帝拿起电话时,他问道:上帝,女人为什么那么容易哭泣呢?

god said: when I made the woman she had to be special.

上帝回答说:当我创造女人时,让她很特别。

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world;

我使她的肩膀能挑起整个世界的重担,

yet, gentle enough to give comfort.

并且又柔情似水。

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children

我让她的内心很坚强,能够承受分娩的痛苦和忍受自己孩子多次的拒绝。

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up,

我赋予她耐心使她在别人放弃的时候继续坚持,

and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

并且无怨无悔的照顾自己的家人渡过疾病和疲劳。

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

我赋予她在任何情况下都会爱孩子的感情,即使她的孩子伤害了她。

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

我赋予她包容她丈夫过错的坚强和用他的勒骨塑成她来保护他的心.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife,

我赋予她智慧让她知道一个好丈夫是绝不会伤害他的妻子的,

Bt sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him,unfalteringly.

但有时我也会考验她支持自己丈夫的决心和坚强。

and finally, i gave her a tear to shed. this is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed.

最后,我让她可以流泪.只要她愿意.这是她所独有的。

you see: the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,

你看,女人的漂亮不是因为她穿的衣服,

The figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

她保持的体型或者她梳头的方式。

the beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart the place where love resides.

女人的漂亮必须从她的眼睛中去看,因为那是她心灵的窗户和爱居住的地方。

every woman is beautiful.

每一个女人都漂亮。

1.hug 紧抱,热烈拥抱

To a child a hug says so many things.

拥抱对一个孩子来说意味着很多。

I lean over and hug him with one awkward arm.

我俯身过去,伸出一只胳膊,生涩地抱住了他。

2.endure v.忍耐;容忍

Officials in beijing tend to endure no such ordeals.

北京的官员往往不会忍受这么多麻烦。

It is simple and more likely to endure than complex interventions.

与复杂的干涉措施比较,这种方式更为简单,也可能够持续。

3.fatigue n.疲劳,疲乏

Maria’s eyes were puffy from crying and fatigue.

玛丽亚的眼睛因为哭泣和疲劳而肿胀。

So far there is no sign of fatigue with the brand.

到目前为止,还没有迹象表明人们对此品牌感到疲倦。

4.doorway n.门口,门道

Simply drag a sofa near a doorway and turn it around.

只要把沙发拉到门口,转过来就行了。

It seemed as though she would walk through the doorway at any moment.

感觉她随时都可能走进门,怎么会就没了呢。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据