双语美文之似水流年 (29)月升魅无穷(6)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 93239 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
A cricket shrills in the grass.
一只蟋蟀在草丛中长鸣。
I think of poets and musicians.
我想起了诗人和音乐家。
Of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata and of Shakespeare, whose Lorenzo declaims in The Merchant of Venice, How sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank!
想起了贝多芬的《月光奏鸣曲》,以及莎士比亚笔下《威尼斯商人》中洛伦佐的话:月光沉睡在这岸边多么甜美!
Here will we sit and let sounds of music/Creep in our ears.
我们坐在这里,让音乐之声/潜入我们的耳内。
I wonder if their verse and music, like the music of crickets, are in some way voices of the moon.
我不知道他们的诗句和乐曲,以及蟋蟀的歌声,是否都可算作月亮的微语。
With such thoughts, my citified confusions melt into the quiet of the night.
想到这些,我那被喧嚣的城市扰乱了的心融化在夜的幽静之中。
Lovers and poets find deeper meaning at night, when we are all apt to pose deeper questions,about our origins and destinies.
我们都倾向于问一些关于生命的起源和命运的深刻问题,恋人和诗人往往在夜里能找到生活更深刻的意义。
We indulge in riddles, rather than in the impersonal geometries that govern the day-lit world.
在夜里,我们沉溺于难解的谜团中,而不是那些统治着白天世界的无关个人的几何学理论。
We become philosophers and mystics.
在夜里,我们都成了哲学家和神秘主义者。
At moonrise, as we slow our minds to the pace of the heavens, enchantment steals over us.
月出之时,当我们放慢自己的思想,让它跟天国的节奏同步,一种心醉神迷的感觉会流遍全身。
We open the vents of feeling, and exercise parts of our minds that reason locks away by day.
我们会打开情感的窗口,会让白天被理智锁住的那部分思绪尽情奔涌。
We hear, across the distances, murmurs of ancient hunters and see anew the visions of poets and lovers of long ago.
我们能穿越时空,听见远古猎人的低语,再次看到很久以前的诗人与恋人眼中的景象。
彼得·斯坦哈特
美国自然主义作家、艺术家,曾连续12年担任美国《奥杜邦杂志》(Audubon Magazine)的编辑和专栏作家。该杂志是美国国内影响力极大的群众性环保组织—奥杜邦协会出版发行的一份杂志,该协会致力于促进鸟类学研究。彼得·斯坦哈特的文章多次出现在《纽约时报》(the New York Times)和《洛杉矶时报》(the Los Angeles Times)等多家报刊杂志上。他还曾两次入围美国国家杂志奖(National Magazine Award)。他的散文优美清新,给人以美的享受。至今,他已出版了多本书籍,其中有The Company of Wolves、Undressed Art: Why We Draw等。目前他居住在美国加利福尼亚州西部的帕拉托(Palo Alto)市,在写作的同时还从事绘画创作。
1.restore 归还;交还;使恢复
You can also restore default modifier key settings.
您也可以恢复默认修饰键设置。
With whom do you need to restore fellowship?
在有谁你需要去修复关系?
2.misty 多雾的,被雾笼罩的;模糊的
Try to capture a glowing misty morning, making for stunning and ethereal fall scenes.
尝试去捕捉容光焕发的雾蒙蒙的清晨,拍出美丽缥缈的秋日风景。
All the lamps were soft and misty and made a very tiny circle of light.
所有的落地灯都只有一小圈柔和模糊的光。
3.ridge n.背脊,峰,隆起线;山脊,山脉
How fast is the new supercomputer at oak ridge national laboratory?
橡树岭国家实验室的新一代超级计算机到底有多快?
The idea inspired two other schools on the pine ridge reservation to publish their own papers.
这个想法启发了松树岭保留地的另两所学校也发行自己的报纸。
4.shrill 尖叫
Neither the shrill nor the sanguine arguments can be dismissed out of hand.
不论是尖锐的或者是乐观的言论都不能直接予以驳斥。
What is new is that they are gaining traction beyond a shrill nativist minority.
新鲜的是他们获得的支持不再局限于少数尖锐的本土主义者。