TED演讲:用建筑来获得疗愈(4)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 89749 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
We worked with Bruce Nizeye, a brilliant engineer,
我们跟Bruce Nizeye一起工作,他是一个非常了不起的工程师,
and he thought about construction differently than I had been taught in school.
对于建筑,他对我从学校学来的那一套有不同的看法。
When we had to excavate this enormous hilltop and a bulldozer was expensive and hard to get to site,
当我们必须在这个巨大的山顶挖掘的时候,推土机的消费昂贵而且难以到达那里,
Bruce suggested doing it by hand, using a method in Rwanda called “Ubudehe,” which means “community works for the community.”
Bruce建议用双手来解决,借助在卢旺达叫做“Ubedehe(愚公移山)”的方法,叫做“社区工作为社区服务”。
Hundreds of people came with shovels and hoes,
几百人带着铁锹和锄头来到现场,
and we excavated that hill in half the time and half the cost of that bulldozer.
我们用了一半的时间和一半的推土机的费用挖掘了山顶。
Instead of importing furniture, Bruce started a guild, and he brought in master carpenters to train others in how to make furniture by hand.
Bruce带来了木匠大师,让他们来给其他人面授机宜,教导如何在现场手工做家具,所以我们就不用进口家具了。
And on this job site, 15 years after the Rwandan genocide,
在卢旺达人的种族灭绝15年后,
Bruce insisted that we bring on labor from all backgrounds, and that half of them be women.
Bruce坚持我们需要各种背景的劳动者,其中一半是女人。
Bruce was using the process of building to heal, not just for those who were sick, but for the entire community as a whole.
Bruce利用建筑来治疗,不仅是为那些病人,而且是把整个社区团结起来。
We call this the locally fabricated way of building, or “lo-fab,” and it has four pillars:
我们把这个叫做当地人赤手空拳的建筑,或者是“当地–奇迹”,它有四根立柱:
hire locally, source regionally, train where you can and most importantly,
从当地雇佣的工人,就地取材,训练学徒,而最重要的,
think about every design decision as an opportunity to invest in the dignity of the places where you serve.
想想每个设计的决策是一个机会,给你所服务的地方高贵的投资。
Think of it like the local food movement, but for architecture.
对建筑来说,把它作为当地的食品运动。
And we’re convinced that this way of building can be replicated across the world,
我们有理由认为这种建筑可以在全世界翻版再建,
and change the way we talk about and evaluate architecture.
改变我们所说的评估构架。
建筑远远不止是砖头的巧妙安放。在这次演讲中,迈克尔·墨菲显示了他和他的团队如何别具慧眼地看待他们在设计时的蓝图。从气流的因素到光线的考虑,他们全方位地寻求打造社区以及(美观的)建筑物的方法。他带领我们走进一个个项目的旅途,从卢旺达到海地等国,并揭示了正在进行的,雄心勃勃的为建立纪念和平和正义的纪念馆的计划,他希望能在美国南部治愈心灵。