TED演讲:用建筑来获得疗愈(10)

When we think about how it should be built, we were reminded of Ubudehe, the building process we learned about in Rwanda.

当我们思考着如何建造的时候,我们想起了Ubudehe,从卢旺达学到的建筑方式。

We wondered if we could fill those very columns with the soil from the sites of where these killings occurred.

我们思考着是否能用当年私刑地点的泥土去填充这些柱子。

Brian and his team have begun collecting that soil

布莱恩及其团队开始收集这些土壤,

and preserving it in individual jars with family members, community leaders and descendants.

并将之保存于瓶罐中,让他们和家人、领导人及后代子孙们在一起。

The act of collecting soil itself has lead to a type of spiritual healing. It’s an act of restorative justice.

这个搜集土壤的举动本身能带来某种形式的精神慰藉。这是一种修复式正义。

As one EJI team member noted in the collection of the soil from where Will McBride was lynched,

就像一位EJI队员在搜集Will McBride受私刑处的土壤时写的:

“If Will McBride left one drop of sweat, one drop of blood, one hair follicle

“如果Will McBride曾落下一滴汗、一滴血或是一根头发,

I pray that I dug it up, and that his whole body would be at peace.”

我希望我能将它挖出来,那么他也将能安息了吧。”

We plan to break ground on this memorial later this year,

我们计划在今年动土建造纪念馆,

and it will be a place to finally speak of the unspeakable acts that have scarred this nation.

这将会是一个具叙事力的地方,诉说着这个国家无法言喻的伤痕。

When my father told me that day that this house — our house — had saved his life,

那天,当我爸爸告诉我,这间房子–我们的房子–曾经拯救他的生命,

what I didn’t know was that he was referring to a much deeper relationship between architecture and ourselves.

而我却不知道他所要表达的是更深层的意义是我们与建筑物之间的关系。

Buildings are not simply expressive sculptures.

建筑物不仅仅是表达性的雕塑品。

They make visible our personal and our collective aspirations as a society.

它使我们个人或群体的志向浮现于社会。

Great architecture can give us hope. Great architecture can heal. Thank you very much.

伟大的建筑能给人们希望。伟大的建筑能治愈人们。谢谢。

建筑远远不止是砖头的巧妙安放。在这次演讲中,迈克尔·墨菲显示了他和他的团队如何别具慧眼地看待他们在设计时的蓝图。从气流的因素到光线的考虑,他们全方位地寻求打造社区以及(美观的)建筑物的方法。他带领我们走进一个个项目的旅途,从卢旺达到海地等国,并揭示了正在进行的,雄心勃勃的为建立纪念和平和正义的纪念馆的计划,他希望能在美国南部治愈心灵。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据