TED演讲之败中求胜 犯错的价值(4)

I'll give you an analogy.

让我给你一个例子。

Do you remember that Loony Tunes cartoon where there's this pathetic coyote who's always chasing and never catching a roadrunner?

你记得卡通里那个总是在追逐却从未抓到猎物的土狼吗?

In pretty much every episode of this cartoon,

几乎在每一集里,

there's a moment where the coyote is chasing the roadrunner and the roadrunner runs off a cliff, which is fine — he's a bird, he can fly.

它的猎物–一只走鹃鸟都会跳下悬崖,反正它是鸟,它可以飞。

But the thing is, the coyote runs off the cliff right after him.

但土狼也会跟着它一起跳崖。

And what's funny — at least if you're six years old — is that the coyote's totally fine too.

那很好笑–如果你是个六岁儿童,土狼也很好。

He just keeps running — right up until the moment that he looks down and realizes that he's in mid-air. That's when he falls.

它就这么继续跑–直到它往下看,发现自己漫步在空中。这时候他才会往下掉。

When we're wrong about something — not when we realize it, but before that

在我们犯错时,在我们意识到我们犯错时,

we're like that coyote after he's gone off the cliff and before he looks down.

我们就像那只土狼,还没意识到自己奔出悬崖。

You know, we're already wrong, we're already in trouble, but we feel like we're on solid ground.

我们已经错了,已经惹上麻烦了,但仍然感觉像走在地上。

So I should actually correct something I said a moment ago.

我应该改变我之前的说法。

It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right.

犯错的感觉就和正确的感觉一样。

So this is one reason, a structural reason, why we get stuck inside this feeling of rightness.

事实上,我们这种自以为对的感受是有构造性的原因的。

I call this error blindness. Most of the time,

我称之为错误盲点。大部分的时间里,

we don't have any kind of internal cue to let us know that we're wrong about something, until it's too late.

我们身体里没有任何机制提醒我们错了,直到木已成舟。

But there's a second reason that we get stuck inside this feeling as well — and this one is cultural.

但还有第二个理由,文化性的理由。

Think back for a moment to elementary school.

回想小学时代。

You're sitting there in class, and your teacher is handing back quiz papers, and one of them looks like this.

你坐在课堂里。你的老师发回小考考卷,像这样的小考考卷。

This is not mine, by the way.

虽然这张不是我的。

So there you are in grade school, and you know exactly what to think about the kid who got this paper.

你从小学时代就知道该对拿这张考卷的同学下什么评语。

It's the dumb kid, the troublemaker, the one who never does his homework.

笨蛋,捣蛋鬼,从不做功课的坏学生。你

So by the time you are nine years old, you've already learned,

不过才九岁,你已经懂得,

first of all, that people who get stuff wrong are lazy, irresponsible dimwits

首先,那些犯错的人都是懒惰、不负责任的傻瓜,

and second of all, that the way to succeed in life is to never make any mistakes.

第二,想要在人生中成功,就不要犯错。

演讲简介

每个人都会避免犯错,但或许避免犯错本身就是一种错误?“犯错家”凯瑟琳·舒尔茨告诉我们,或许我们不只该承认错误,更应该大力拥抱人性中“我错故我在”的本质。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据