TED演讲之入门 肢体语言塑造你自己(2)

So a handshake, or the lack of a handshake, can have us talking for weeks and weeks and weeks.

所以一个握手,或不握手,我们都可以聊上好几个礼拜。

Even the BBC and The New York Times.

即使BBC和纽约时报也不例外。

So obviously when we think about nonverbal behavior, or body language

说到非语言行为或身体语言时,

but we call it nonverbals as social scientists — it’s language, so we think about communication.

我们社会科学学者将之归类为非口语语言,它就是一种语言,所以我们会想到沟通。

When we think about communication, we think about interactions.

当我们想到沟通,我们就想到互动。

So what is your body language communicating to me? What’s mine communicating to you?

所以你现在的身体语言正在告诉我什么? 我的身体又是在向你传达什么?

And there’s a lot of reason to believe that this is a valid way to look at this.

有很多理由让我们相信这是有效的切入点。

So social scientists have spent a lot of time looking at the effects of our body language, or other people’s body language, on judgments.

社会科学家花了很多时间研究我们的身体语言或其他人的身体语言在判断方面的效应,

And we make sweeping judgments and inferences from body language.

而我们根据他人的身体语言,推论并做出快速又决绝的判断,

And those judgments can predict really meaningful life outcomes like who we hire or promote, who we ask out on a date.

这些判断可以帮我们预测生活里很有意义的事件,像是要雇用谁,邀请谁出去约会。

For example, Nalini Ambady, a researcher at Tufts University,

举个例子,Tufts大学的研究员Nalini Ambady表示,

shows that when people watch 30-second soundless clips of real physician-patient interactions,

当人们观赏一段30秒正牌医生和病人互动的无声影片,

their judgments of the physician’s niceness predict whether or not that physician will be sued.

他们对该医生是否和善的观感,可用来预测该医生日后是否会被病人告上法庭。

So it doesn’t have to do so much with whether or not that physician was incompetent, but do we like that person and how they interacted?

这跟这个医生称职与否没有太大关系,重点是我们喜不喜欢他以及他们互动的情形。

Even more dramatic, Alex Todorov at Princeton has shown us that judgments of political candidates’ faces in just one second

更戏剧化的是,普林斯顿的Alex Todorov的研究告诉我们,我们在一秒内对政治人物脸部的喜好判断,

predict 70 percent of U.S. Senate and gubernatorial race outcomes,

对美国参议院和美国州长的选举结果有70%的预测力,

and even, let’s go digital, emoticons used well in online negotiations can lead you to claim more value from that negotiation.

甚至,在计算机上的互动,在在线协商时,妥善运用图释可以让你在协商中获得更多价值。

If you use them poorly, bad idea. Right?

假如你运用不得当,那可不妙!对吧?

演讲简介

肢体语言影响着他人对我们的看法,但同时它也影响着我们对自己的看法。社会心理学家Amy Cuddy表示“有力的姿势”–以一个自信的方式站着,即使我们不感到自信–他们也能够影响我们脑内的睾丸酮和可的松含量,甚至可以爆发性地推动我们成功的机会。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据