TED演讲之入门 学校扼杀创造力(3)

I heard a great story recently — I love telling it — of a little girl who was in a drawing lesson.

最近我听到一个很不错的故事。我很愿意讲讲这个故事,说的是一个小女孩正在上绘画课。

She was six, and she was at the back, drawing,

小女孩只有六岁,她坐在教室的后排,正在画画,

and the teacher said this girl hardly ever paid attention, and in this drawing lesson, she did.

而她的老师评价她几乎从不注意听讲,但在绘画课上她却听得很认真。

The teacher was fascinated. She went over to her, and she said, "What are you drawing?"

老师饶有兴趣地走过去,问她:“你在画什么?”

And the girl said, "I'm drawing a picture of God."

她说:“我画的是上帝。”

And the teacher said, "But nobody knows what God looks like."

老师说:“可是没人知道上帝长什么样。”

And the girl said, "They will, in a minute."

这时小女孩说:“他们马上就能知道上帝的样子了。”

When my son was four in England — Actually, he was four everywhere, to be honest.

我儿子四岁时在英国,实际上他那会儿在哪都四岁。

If we're being strict about it, wherever he went, he was four that year.

严格地说他四岁那年在哪个国家记不清了。

He was in the Nativity play. Do you remember the story?

只记得他四岁那年去演舞台剧《基督诞生》。你们记得那部剧的情节吗?

No, it was big, it was a big story. Mel Gibson did the sequel, you may have seen it.

应该记不得,情节太长。故事太长。梅尔·吉布森演过那部剧的续集。你们也许看过。

"Nativity II." But James got the part of Joseph, which we were thrilled about.

叫《基督诞生II》。我儿子James在那部舞台剧里演Joseph,我们为此很兴奋。

We considered this to be one of the lead parts. We had the place crammed full of agents in T-shirts: "James Robinson IS Joseph!"

我们以为那是个主要角色。我们给观众们发了T恤:上面印着“James Robinson扮演Joseph”。

He didn't have to speak, but you know the bit where the three kings come in?

他的角色不一定有台词,剧情是三个国王拿着礼物走进来。

They come in bearing gifts, gold, frankincense and myrrh. This really happened.

他们分别拿着黄金,乳香精油,没药精油。演出开始了。

We were sitting there and I think they just went out of sequence,

我们坐在观众席上,我认为他们应该按顺序出场,

because we talked to the little boy afterward and we said, "You OK with that?"

演出结束后我们对James说:“你们刚才演的对吗?”

And he said, "Yeah, why? Was that wrong?" They just switched.

他说:“对啊,怎么了,哪错了吗?”其实他们把剧情改了。

The three boys came in, four-year-olds with tea towels on their heads,

他们是这么演的:三个小演员出场,四岁的小家伙们头上戴着擦杯子用的毛巾,

and they put these boxes down, and the first boy said, "I bring you gold."

他们放下手上拿的盒子,第一个孩子说:“我带来了黄金。”

And the second boy said, "I bring you myrrh."

第二个孩子说:“我带来了没药精油。”

And the third boy said, "Frank sent this."

第三个孩子说:“Frank带来了这个”。

演讲简介

关于建立培养创造力(而不是扼杀创造力)的教育体系,Ken Robinson发表了一番幽默生动的演讲。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据