TED演讲之入门 学校扼杀创造力(4)

What these things have in common is that kids will take a chance.

以上例子的共同点就是孩子们愿意冒险。

If they don't know, they'll have a go. Am I right?

对于未知的事物,他们愿意去尝试。难道不是吗?

They're not frightened of being wrong. I don't mean to say that being wrong is the same thing as being creative.

即使尝试的结果是错误的,他们也不惧怕。当然,我并不认为错误的尝试等同于创新。

What we do know is, if you're not prepared to be wrong,

但我们都知道,如果你不打算做错误的尝试,

you'll never come up with anything original — if you're not prepared to be wrong.

你永远不会创造出新东西。如果你不想让孩子们做错误的尝试,

And by the time they get to be adults, most kids have lost that capacity.

等他们长大了,多数孩子就会丧失创新的能力。

They have become frightened of being wrong. And we run our companies like this. We stigmatize mistakes.

那就会使他们也变得惧怕错误的尝试。这种情况也存在于公司经营方面。我们不能容忍任何错误。

And we're now running national education systems where mistakes are the worst thing you can make.

这就使得现在的教育体系成为最不能容忍错误的领域。

And the result is that we are educating people out of their creative capacities.

这样做的后果就是,我们的教育体制正在扼杀孩子们的创造力。

Picasso once said this, he said that all children are born artists.

毕加索曾说过: “孩子们是天生的艺术家”。

The problem is to remain an artist as we grow up.

问题是我们长大后能否继续保有艺术灵感。

I believe this passionately, that we don't grow into creativity, we grow out of it.

我坚信:我们随着年龄的增长而丧失了创造力。

Or rather, we get educated out of it. So why is this?

甚至可以说,是我们所受的教育让我们丧失了创造力。为什么会这样?

I lived in Stratford-on-Avon until about five years ago. In fact, we moved from Stratford to Los Angeles.

五年前,我住在Stratford-on-Avon。现在我已经搬到了洛杉矶。

So you can imagine what a seamless transition that was.

可想而知,这是个多么合乎逻辑的移居。

Actually, we lived in a place called Snitterfield, just outside Stratford, which is where Shakespeare's father was born.

其实,那时我们住在Snitterfield,就在Stratford郊外,那里是莎士比亚父亲的出生地。

Are you struck by a new thought? I was.

你有过灵感吗?我曾经有过。

You don't think of Shakespeare having a father, do you? Do you?

你没把莎士比亚和他的父亲联想在一起,对吗?

Because you don't think of Shakespeare being a child, do you?

因为你忽略了莎士比亚也曾经是个孩子,对吗?

Shakespeare being seven? I never thought of it.

莎士比亚七岁时什么样?我从没想过。

I mean, he was seven at some point. He was in somebody's English class, wasn't he?

他七岁时的某个特定场景。比如他在上英语课,想想他在上英语课。

演讲简介

关于建立培养创造力(而不是扼杀创造力)的教育体系,Ken Robinson发表了一番幽默生动的演讲。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据