TED演讲之入门 肢体语言塑造你自己(4)

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 91768 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

What do we do when we feel powerless? We do exactly the opposite.

那我们感到无助的时候呢?我们的行为正相反。

We close up. We wrap ourselves up. We make ourselves small.

我们封闭起来。我们把自己蜷起来。让自己变得小一点。

We don’t want to bump into the person next to us.

我们不想碰到旁边的人。

So again, both animals and humans do the same thing.

这再一次证明,人类和动物都做同样的事。

And this is what happens when you put together high and low power.

这就是当你有力量和没力量时的行为。

So what we tend to do when it comes to power is that we complement the other’s nonverbals.

所以当力量来临时,我们会迎合别人的非语言。

So if someone is being really powerful with us, we tend to make ourselves smaller.

若有人对我们展现权力,我们倾向把自己缩小些。

We don’t mirror them. We do the opposite of them.

我们不模仿他们。我们背道而驰。

So I’m watching this behavior in the classroom, and what do I notice?

当我在课堂上观察这种现象时,你猜我发现了什么?

I notice that MBA students really exhibit the full range of power nonverbals.

我发现MBA的学生真的很会充分利用肢体语言。

So you have people who are like caricatures of alphas, really coming into the room,

你会看到有些人就像统治者一样,上课前大摇大摆走进教室,

they get right into the middle of the room before class even starts, like they really want to occupy space.

一屁股坐在教室正中,好像他们真的要占据整个空间似的。

When they sit down, they’re sort of spread out. They raise their hands like this.

当他们坐下的时候,身体会展开,举手时会像这样把手高举起来。

You have other people who are virtually collapsing when they come in.

有些人基本上是摊成一摊。

As soon they come in, you see it. You see it on their faces and their bodies,

他们一走进来你就会发现。从他们的脸上表情和身体姿势都看得出来,

and they sit in their chair and they make themselves tiny, and they go like this when they raise their hand.

他们坐在椅子上,把自己缩的小小的,然后举手的时候是这种畏畏缩缩的样子。

I notice a couple of things about this.

我观察到两点。

One, you’re not going to be surprised. It seems to be related to gender.

第一,不出所料。这跟性别有关。

So women are much more likely to do this kind of thing than men.

女人比男人更容易出现这种状况。

Women feel chronically less powerful than men, so this is not surprising.

女人一般比较容易比男人感到无力,这并不太令人意外。

But the other thing I noticed is that it also seemed to be related to the extent to which the students were participating, and how well they were participating.

然而我发现的另一件事是,这似乎也跟学生参与的程度、以及他们参与程度的好坏有关。

And this is really important in the MBA classroom, because participation counts for half the grade.

在MBA的课堂上来说,这真的非常重要,因为课堂参与程度占成绩的一半。

演讲简介

肢体语言影响着他人对我们的看法,但同时它也影响着我们对自己的看法。社会心理学家Amy Cuddy表示“有力的姿势”–以一个自信的方式站着,即使我们不感到自信–他们也能够影响我们脑内的睾丸酮和可的松含量,甚至可以爆发性地推动我们成功的机会。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据