TED演讲:有关激情的故事(10)

Abuse trickles down from the top of the ladder to the bottom.

从上到下,一层层的力量滥用。

Women and children, especially the poor, are at the bottom.

女性和儿童,尤其是贫穷的,就这样处于底层。

Even the most destitute of men have someone they can abuse — a woman or a child.

即使是最一无所有的男人也有人被他凌虐–常常是妇女或者儿童。

I’m fed up with the power that a few exert over the many through gender, income, race, and class.

我再也受不了少数人通过性别,收入,种族和阶级的手段,操纵多数人。

I think that the time is ripe to make fundamental changes in our civilization.

我认为现在时机已经成熟,可以根本性地改变我们的文明。

But for real change, we need feminine energy in the management of the world.

不过若要真正改变,就需要让妇女的力量参与到世界当中。

We need a critical number of women in positions of power, and we need to nurture the feminine energy in men.

我们需要让足够的妇女拥有权力,并且培养男人心中的妇女力量。

I’m talking about men with young minds, of course.

这里当然是指年轻男人了。

Old guys are hopeless; we have to wait for them to die off.

老男人们都没戏了,只能等着他们死光。

Yes, I would love to have Sophia Loren’s long legs and legendary breasts.

的确,我也想拥有索菲亚·罗兰的长腿和著名的酥胸。

But given a choice, I would rather have the warrior hearts of Wangari Maathai, Somaly Mam, Jenny and Rose Mapendo.

不过若是可以选择,我宁愿拥有像旺加里·马塔伊、苏曼丽·马恩、珍妮和罗斯·马培德那样的勇敢的心。

I want to make this world good. Not better, but to make it good. Why not? It is possible.

我想让世界变得更好。不仅仅是消极地等待改变,而是参与改变。为什么不这样?这是能够做得到的。

Look around in this room — all this knowledge, energy, talent and technology.

看看这里–充满了知识、活力、才华和科技。

Let’s get off our fannies, roll up our sleeves and get to work, passionately, in creating an almost perfect world. Thank you.

让我们走出冷气房,卷起袖子,开始行动,带着我们的热情,创造一个近乎完美的世界。感谢大家。

身为作家以及活动家的伊莎贝尔.阿连德,讨论了关于妇女、创造力以及女性主义的话题,演讲中当然也讲述了关于激情的故事。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据