TED演讲之现在或永不 身为一个周间素食者(1)

About a year ago, I asked myself a question: "Knowing what I know, why am I not a vegetarian?"

大概在一年前左右,我问了我自己一个问题:“我明明知道这些资讯,为什么我不是个素食者?”

After all, I'm one of the green guys: I grew up with hippie parents in a log cabin.

毕竟我支持环保,热爱绿概念 和嬉皮父母在小木屋里长大。

I started a site called TreeHugger — I care about this stuff.

我开了一个叫Treehugger的网站-我很关心这些东西。

I knew that eating a mere hamburger a day can increase my risk of dying by a third.

我知道光是每天吃一个汉堡,就能增加三分之一的死亡几率。

Cruelty: I knew that the 10 billion animals we raise each year for meat are raised in factory farm conditions that we,

我知道每年我们养殖100亿动物,就为了他们身上的肉,而这些动物生活的那种工厂环境,

hypocritically, wouldn't even consider for our own cats, dogs and other pets.

是我们根本无法想象自己的猫或是宠物可以居住的。

Environmentally, meat, amazingly, causes more emissions than all of transportation combined:

就环境来说,神奇的是,肉品排放的二氧化碳比所有交通工具的排放量还大

cars, trains, planes, buses, boats, all of it.

汽车、火车、飞机、公交车、船只等所有交通工具。

And beef production uses 100 times the water that most vegetables do.

制造肉所使用的水是蔬菜的一百倍

I also knew that I'm not alone. We as a society are eating twice as much meat as we did in the 50s.

我也知道我并不孤单,整个社会,现在我们所吃的肉足足比50年代多了两倍。

So what was once the special little side treat now is the main, much more regular.

曾经我们当作特别的小食,现在却成了我们的日常主食

So really, any of these angles should have been enough to convince me to go vegetarian.

说真的,以任何角度来说,都应该足以让我成为素食者。

Yet, there I was — chk, chk, chk — tucking into a big old steak.

但我还是嗯,嗯,嗯,被一块巨大的牛排包围着。

演讲简介

我们都知道吃素帮助环境、保护动物…但在今日的肉食文化中,要改变着实不易。Graham Hill有个建议…

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据