TED演讲之现在或永不 身为一个周间素食者(2)

So why was I stalling? I realized that what I was being pitched was a binary solution.

我到底在迟疑什么?我发觉这是因为我把它当作一个二分法的问题。

It was either you're a meat eater or you're a vegetarian,

你需要决定你到底是吃肉还是吃素

and I guess I just wasn't quite ready. Imagine your last hamburger.

我想我实在没做好心理准备,想象最后的一个汉堡。

So my common sense, my good intentions, were in conflict with my taste buds.

于是乎我的常识,我的用意良善和我的味蕾产生了矛盾。

And I'd commit to doing it later, and not surprisingly, later never came. Sound familiar?

我总是想着之后再做,之后却永远不会来,听起来很熟悉吗?

So I wondered, might there be a third solution?

于是我想着,或许应该有第三种选择?

And I thought about it, and I came up with one.

经过思考以后,我想出了一个。

I've been doing it for the last year, and it's great. It's called weekday veg.

去年我便这么实行,感觉很好,叫做周间素食。

The name says it all: Nothing with a face Monday through Friday.

事如其名,礼拜一到五不吃任何有脸的东西。

On the weekend, your choice. Simple.

周末,自由选择,如此简单。

If you want to take it to the next level, remember,

如果你想更进一步,记得,

the major culprits in terms of environmental damage and health are red and processed meats.

红肉和经处理的肉类是今日破坏环境和健康的罪魁祸首

So you want to swap those out with some good, sustainably harvested fish.

如果你想要和它们说不,你也可以改为食用一些以不破坏环境平衡养殖的鱼类。

It's structured, so it ends up being simple to remember, and it's okay to break it here and there.

有了这样的规律,就比较容易记得,偶尔犯戒也没关系。

After all, cutting five days a week is cutting 70 percent of your meat intake.

毕竟五天不吃肉,减少七成的肉。

演讲简介

我们都知道吃素帮助环境、保护动物…但在今日的肉食文化中,要改变着实不易。Graham Hill有个建议…

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据