TED演讲之说什么 单词的诞生(9)
And so fundamentally, rather than, for example, measuring content based on how many people are watching,
从根本上,而不是,比如根据收视率衡量内容
this gives us the basic data for looking at engagement properties of content.
这个给了我们观察这些内容参与性的最基本的资料
And just like we can look at feedback cycles and dynamics in a family,
就跟我们可以看见家里的反馈循环和互动一样
we can now open up the same concepts and look at much larger groups of people.
我们现在可以利用同样的构想来观察更大的群体
This is a subset of data from our database — just 50,000 out of several million —
这是我们资料库里的一个子集,只是几百万信息中的5万条
and the social graph that connects them through publicly available sources.
社交图是和公开资源来自于对大众公开的来源
And if you put them on one plain, a second plain is where the content lives.
如果你把它们放到平面上,第二个平面是内容活跃的地方
So we have the programs and the sporting events and the commercials,
于是我们有了节目,体育活动,广告
and all of the link structures that tie them together make a content graph.
所有的链接结构将它们连在一起,形成了内容图表
And then the important third dimension.
然后是重要的第三个面向
Each of the links that you’re seeing rendered here
大家在这里看到的每个连接
is an actual connection made between something someone said and a piece of content.
是一段内容和有些人评论间构成的真实联系
And there are, again, now tens of millions of these links
这里的几千万条链
that give us the connective tissue of social graphs and how they relate to content.
让我们看见了社交图表中的关联组织,和它们跟内容的关系
And we can now start to probe the structure in interesting ways.
于是我们可以用有趣的办法来探索这个结构
So if we, for example, trace the path of one piece of content that drives someone to comment on it,
所以,比如,我们跟踪某个内容的发展途经,这促使有人对此发表评论
and then we follow where that comment goes, and then look at the entire social graph that becomes activated
然后我们跟踪这些评论的去向,然后观察整个活跃的社交图
and then trace back to see the relationship between that social graph and content,
然后又回头追踪查看那个社交图和内容之间的关系
a very interesting structure becomes visible.
于是显现出一个非常有趣的结构
演讲简介:
麻省理工大学的研究员戴·罗伊希望了解他的初生儿子是怎样学习语言的,因此他在家里四处装置了摄像机捕捉儿子成长的几乎每一刻,然后将9万小时的家庭录像进行分析,观察“gaaaa”渐渐转变成“水”的过程。这一惊人的资料丰富的研究对帮助我们了解人类是如果学习起到了深远的作用。