美国总统奥巴马告别演讲(2)

Four more years! … I can't do that. Four more years! …

连任!……我不能这样。连任!……

This is where I learned that change only happens when ordinary people get involved and they get engaged,

就是在这里我明白了只有普通人参与其中、热情投入,变革才会真正发生。

and they come together to demand it.

他们会聚集起来,要求变革。

After eight years as your President, I still believe that.

八年总统生涯之后,我依然相信这一点。

And it's not just my belief.

这不仅仅是我的信仰。

It's the beating heart of our American idea — our bold experiment in self-government.

人民自治的大胆试验,这本来就是我们美国梦想一直跳动的脉搏。

It's the conviction that we are all created equal,

这是我们的信念,我们相信人人生而平等,

endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights, among them life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

造物者赋予我们不可剥夺的权利,包括生命权、自由权和追求幸福的权利。

It's the insistence that these rights, while self-evident, have never been self-executing;

我们坚持这些不言自明的权利不会自行生效;

that We, the People, through the instrument of our democracy, can form a more perfect union.

我们坚信,我们美国人民通过运用民主,可以组建完美的联盟。

What a radical idea.

多么先进的理念啊。

A great gift that our Founders gave to us:

我们的国父给予我们最伟大的馈赠:

The freedom to chase our individual dreams through our sweat and toil and imagination,

用汗水、辛劳和想象追逐个人梦想的自由,

and the imperative to strive together, as well, to achieve a common good, a greater good.

以及共同奋斗、实现更伟大共同利益的责任。

For 240 years, our nation's call to citizenship has given work and purpose to each new generation.

240年以来,我们国家对公民使命的召唤使得每一代人都有每一代人的工作和目标。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据