美国总统奥巴马告别演讲(4)

If I had told you eight years ago that America would reverse a great recession, reboot our auto industry,

八年前,如果我告诉你们美国会走出衰退,重振汽车工业,

and unleash the longest stretch of job creation in our history,

实现历史上最长时间的工作增长,

if I had told you that we would open up a new chapter with the Cuban people,

如果我告诉你们我们会开启同古巴的新篇章,

shut down Iran's nuclear weapons program without firing a shot, take out the mastermind of 9/11,

兵不血刃地停止伊朗核试验、消灭911的幕后元凶,

if I had told you that we would win marriage equality,

如果我告诉你们我们会实现婚姻平等、

and secure the right to health insurance for another 20 million of our fellow citizens,

为另外2000万同胞提供医保权利,

if I had told you all that, you might have said our sights were set a little too high.

如果我告诉你们所有这些,你也许会说,我们的目标定得太高了。

But that's what we did.

但是我们做到了。

That's what you did.

这是你们每个人的成就。

You were the change.

你们就是变革本身,

You answered people's hopes, and because of you, by almost every measure,

你们回应了人民的希望,因为你们,无论从哪个角度看,

America is a better, stronger place than it was when we started.

美国都是一个比原来更美好、更强大的国家。

In 10 days, the world will witness a hallmark of our democracy.

10天后,世界将再一次见证我们的民主。

Nooo! No, no, no, no, no, the peaceful transfer of power from one freely elected President to the next.

不!不,不,不,不,不——自由选举选出的总统之间,权力交接应当是和平的。

I committed to President-elect Trump that my administration would ensure the smoothest possible transition,

我已经向即将就职总统的特朗普先生保证过,我的团队将会尽己所能保证平稳交接,

just as President Bush did for me.

就像当年布什总统将权力交给我时那样。

Because it's up to all of us to make sure our government can help us meet the many challenges we still face.

因为我们每个人都有责任保证我们的政府可以继续应对我们仍然面临的诸多挑战。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据