TED演讲之说什么 短信是语言杀手?开玩笑吧!(6)

Any spoken language that's used by real people has them.

任何口语都有这些词语。

If you happen to speak Japanese, think about that little word "ne" that you use at the end of a lot of sentences.

如果你会说日语的话,想想你在很多句子后面加上的那个“ne”字。

If you listen to the way black youth today speak, think about the use of the word "yo."

如果你听现在的年轻黑人说话,想想这个词“yo”的使用。

Whole dissertations could be written about it, and probably are being written about it.

这都够写学术论文的了,说不定人们已经开始写了。

A pragmatic particle, that's what LOL has gradually become.

LOL已经逐渐演变成了一个口头禅。

It's a way of using the language between actual people. Another example is "slash."

这就是人们使用语言的一种方式。另外一个例子是“slash.”(斜线符号)

Now, we can use slash in the way that we're used to,

看看这个句子,"我们要去一个派对

along the lines of, "We're going to have a party-slash-networking session."

同时(slash)来扩展一下人脉,slash这里连接派对和扩展人脉两个活动。

That's kind of like what we're at.

我们通常这么使用这个字。

Slash is used in a very different way in texting among young people today.

今天Slash这个字用在年轻人的短信里却有非常不同的意思。

It's used to change the scene. So for example, this Sally person says,

它被用来转换话题。比如说,这个萨莉说,

"So I need to find people to chill with" and Jake says, "Haha"

“我想找个伴儿来陪我”,然后,杰克说,“哈哈”

you could write a dissertation about "Haha" too, but we don't have time for that

你也可以写一篇关于“哈哈”的论文,但是我们没有时间聊它了

"Haha so you're going by yourself? Why?"

“哈哈,所以你自己去?为什么?”

Sally: "For this summer program at NYU."

萨莉说:“是今天夏天在纽约的项目。”

Jake: "Haha. Slash I'm watching this video with suns players trying to shoot with one eye."

杰克:“哈哈。Slash(对了),我正在看这个视频,太阳队的球员正试着用一只眼投篮。”

The slash is interesting. I don't really even know what Jake is talking about after that,

这个Slash在这里很有趣。我都不知道杰克这之后到底在说些什么,

but you notice that he's changing the topic.

但是大家注意到他在转换话题。

Now that seems kind of mundane, but think about how in real life,

这看上去很平常,但是想想我们的现实生活,

if we're having a conversation and we want to change the topic, there are ways of doing it gracefully.

如果我们在谈话中想转换话题,有很多很好的方式。

You don't just zip right into it. You'll pat your thighs and look wistfully off into the distance,

你不会随便地单刀直入。你会拍拍大腿然后若有所思的看着远方,

or you'll say something like, "Hmm, makes you think"

或者你会说,“嗯……”来假装你在思考着,

when it really didn't, but what you're really — what you're really trying to do is change the topic.

但实际上,实际上你正在试图切换话题。

演讲简介

短信的出现意味着良好书写技能的丧失吗?约翰·麦克沃特提出短信在语言学上和文化上的影响都比表面看上去的更大,而且可喜的是这些都是好消息。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据