TED演讲:献给所有迷失在这个时代的人(7)

If and when your anger turns to hate,

如果当你的气愤转化为痛恨,

please know that there is no space for that in our shared home.

请明白在我们共享的家园里没有容纳那些痛恨的空间。

But I will admit, fellow citizen, that I have discounted the burden of coping with the loss of status.

但我会承认,我的朋友们,我忽视了应对地位丧失的压力。

I have forgotten that what is socially necessary can also be personally gruelling.

我忘却了那些社会必须的也会成为个人折磨。

A similar thing happened with the economy that you and I share.

对于你我共享的经济体,相似地事发生了。

Just as I cannot and don’t wish to turn back to the clock on equality and diversity,

正如我不能,也不愿背视那平等与多样性的时钟,

and yet must understand the sense of loss they can inspire,

但必须明白它们能够激励的那种失去感,

so, too, I refuse and could not if I wished

因此,我拒绝,也不能够去

turn back the clock on an ever more closely knit, interdependent world,

希望时光倒流回相互联系,依赖的世界之前

and on inventions that won’t stop being invented.

回到发明不断之前。

And yet I must understand your experience of these things.

但我也必须意识到你们所经历的这些。

You have for years been telling me that your experience of these things is not as good as my theories forecast.

你们多年来都在诉说你们经历过的这些种种并不向我理论预测中的那么美好。

Yet before you could finish a complaining sentence

但在你们能够诉说完

about the difficulty of living with erratic hours, volatile pay, vanishing opportunities,

关于生活的艰辛,异常的时间,蒸发的工资,消失的机会,

about the pain of dropping your children off at 24-hour day care to make your 3am shift,

关于将孩子寄托给全天托管班,为了完成凌晨3点的工作换班的痛苦之前,

I shot back at you — before you could finish your sentence — my dogma,

我就用我的信条–在你们完成诉说之前–驳回你们,

about how what you are actually experiencing was flexibility and freedom.

告诉你们其实你们经历的是灵活和自由。

演讲者是纽约时报的专栏作者Anand Giridharadas,他在演讲中用一封信的形式讲述了这个时代人们的困惑,希望人们能够在这个瞬息万变的世界中把握好心态,不要因为先天的优势逐渐失去而产生怨恨,而应该用更加包容的,和谐的方式迎接未来。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据