奥巴马每周电视讲话:一起努力继续向前进(1)

Happy New Year, everybody.

大家,新年快乐。

At a time when we turn the page on one year and look ahead to the future,

此时,我们翻过今年日历中的最后一页,展望未来,

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for everything you've done to make America stronger these past eight years.

我想花点儿时间感谢你们在过去8年里做成的所有事情,从而让美国更加强大。

Just eight years ago, as I prepared to take office, our economy teetered on the brink of depression.

就在8年前,我准备来到白宫时,我们的经济摇摆在萧条的边缘。

Nearly 800,000 Americans were losing their jobs each month.

每月将近有800,000人在失去他们的工作岗位。

In some communities, nearly one in five folks were out of work.

在一些社区,将近五分之一的人们失业。

Almost 180,000 troops were serving in Iraq and Afghanistan,

大约180,000士兵在伊拉克和阿富汗服役。

and Osama bin Laden was still at large.

奥萨马·本·拉登仍逍遥法外。

And on challenges from health care to climate change, we'd been kicking the can down the road for way too long.

有着来自医疗保健到气候变化的各种挑战,我们一直在把问题留到很长时间以后才去解决。

Eight years later, you've told a different story.

8年以后,你看到了不一样的故事。

We've turned recession into recovery.

我们从萧条进入复苏。

Our businesses have created 15.6 million new jobs since early 2010

自2010年初,我们的经济已经创造了1560万新的就业岗位

and we've put more people back to work than all other major advanced economies combined.

我们已经让更多的人们回到就业岗位,比其他主要的发达经济体创造就业岗位的总和还要多。

A resurgent auto industry has added nearly 700,000 jobs, and is producing more cars than ever.

全新的汽车行业创造了将近700,000的就业岗位,正在生产着比以往更多的汽车。

Poverty is falling.

贫困率在下降。

Incomes are rising.

收入在上涨。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据