奥巴马每周电视讲话:向退伍军人致敬(2)

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 93513 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

put back on the camouflage of everyday life in America, becoming small business people, teachers and coaches,

回到在美国每天生活的伪装中;他们成为小企业主,教师和教练,

our first responders and city council members and neighborhood role models,

我们的急救队员,市政委员和邻里的榜样,

all still serving this country we love with the same sense of duty and valor.

所有人都在服务我们爱着的这个国家,也同样带着责任和英勇。

Our veterans don’t always go around telling stories of their heroism.

我们的退伍军人并不总是四处走动诉说他们的英雄主义。

So it is up to us to ask, to listen, to tell those stories for them,

因此,需要我们去问,去听,说出那些他们的故事,

and to live in our own lives the values for which they were prepared to give theirs.

在我们自己的生命中实践他们自己准备好的付出他们生命的价值观。

It’s up to us to summon some of the courage and humility our veterans,

需要我们鼓起我们退伍老兵表现的勇气和谦卑的心情,

and to acknowledge that we can never serve them in quite the same they serve us.

承认我们可能无法像他们服务我们一样服务于他们。

But we can try.

但我们可以尝试。

We need to keep working to make sure they always get the care and benefits they’ve earned.

我们需要继续工作,确保他们总能获得照顾和他们已经赢得的福利。

We can practice kindness.

我们可以实践对他们的友善。

We can volunteer, serve, and respect one another.

我们可以自愿,服务,并尊重其他人。

We can always get each other’s backs.

我们总应该互相作为坚强的后盾。

And we can show how much we love our country by loving our neighbors as ourselves.

我们可以展现出我们有多爱我们的国家,爱我们的邻居就像爱我们自己一样。

To all of you who served and who still do: thank you. And have a great weekend.

对那些曾经服役以及仍在服役的所有的人们:谢谢你们。周末快乐。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据