奥巴马每周电视讲话:实现治愈癌症登月计划的任务(1)

Hi everybody, it's Joe Biden.

大家好。我是乔·拜登。

I delivered a report to President Obama laying out how far we've come since he put me in charge of the Cancer Moonshot that was back in January

我向奥巴马总统提交了报告,说明了自他让我在1月份开始负责治愈癌症的登月计划开始所取得的进展

and lay out a real vision for where we need to go in the immediate future to:

在很近的未来日子里,这是我们需要实现的,也是很现实的愿景:

to do in five years what would otherwise take ten;

在五年时间里完成需要十年里才能完成的事情;

to inject a real sense of urgency into the fight against cancer;

在战胜癌症上注入更紧急的意识;

and to change the culture and reimagine our system in order to be able to win.

改变文化并重新规划我们的体系以便能够取得胜利。

When President Nixon declared war on cancer in 1971, he had no army, he had no resources, and no clear strategy.

当尼克松总统在1971年宣布对癌症的战争时,他没有军队,没有资源,没有明确的战略。

But after 45 years of progress, funding research, training scientists and physicians, and treating millions of patients — we now have the army.

但在取得45年进展之后,有资金支持研究,培训着科学家和内科医生,治疗了数百万患者–我们现在有了军队。

We now have tools, powerful tools. And with this Moonshot, we now have a clear strategy for the road ahead.

我们现在有了有力的工具。有了登月计划,我们现在对未来的道路有了明确的战略。

It matters, folks, because there's a consensus now that we're at an inflection point

这很重要,因为很明确,我们处于拐点之上

with science, medicine, and technology all advancing faster than ever and offering real promise.

有着比以往更先进的科学,医药和技术,并做出了实质性承诺。

We can't play by the rules of 1971 — we didn't have this working for us.

但我们不能遵循1971年的规则–那时我们没有当下的这些资源。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据