TED演讲:格格不入者的心声(1)

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 94042 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

So I know TED is about a lot of things that are big,

我知道TED总是谈一些大事

but I want to talk to you about something very small.

但是我想讲一件微不足道的小事

So small, it's a single word.

小到只有一个词

The word is "misfit."

“不适者。”

It's one of my favorite words, because it's so literal.

这是我最喜欢的词,因为简单明了

I mean, it's a person who sort of missed fitting in.

这样的人是一个无法融入,

Or a person who fits in badly.

或者融入得很差的人,

Or this: "a person who is poorly adapted to new situations and environments."

或者“一个很难适应新位置和新环境的人。”

I'm a card-carrying misfit.

我是真正的不适者。

And I'm here for the other misfits in the room,

我代表其他屋子里的不适者站在这里,

because I'm never the only one.

因为我不是一个人。

I'm going to tell you a misfit story.

我将讲述一个不适者的故事。

Somewhere in my early 30s,

在我三十岁出头的时候,

the dream of becoming a writer came right to my doorstep.

成为作家的梦想在向我招手。

Actually, it came to my mailbox in the form of a letter that said

准确地说我在我的邮箱里发现了一封信,信上说

I'd won a giant literary prize for a short story I had written.

我写的小说为我赢得了一份大奖。

The short story was about my life as a competitive swimmer and about my crappy home life,

小说讲述了一名历经糟糕的家庭生活的优秀的游泳运动员的故事,

and a little bit about how grief and loss can make you insane.

还有一些关于悲痛和困惑如何让人抓狂的情节。

The prize was a trip to New York City to meet big-time editors and agents and other authors.

赢得的奖励是去纽约和知名的编辑、代理,和其他作家见面。

So kind of it was the wannabe writer's dream, right?

这是每个作家的梦想,对吧?

You know what I did the day the letter came to my house?

各位知道我看到信后做了什么吗?

Because I'm me,

因为我是不适者,

I put the letter on my kitchen table,

我把信放在厨房桌子上,

I poured myself a giant glass of vodka with ice and lime,

给自己倒了一大杯加了冰和柠檬的伏特加,

and I sat there in my underwear for an entire day, just staring at the letter.

就这样穿着内衣看着那封信坐了一整天。

这个世界上有很多“格格不入者”,他们不合群,怯懦,胆小和自卑,命运对他们也常常不公。本期的TED演讲者Lidia Yuknavitch女士就是这样一个人,她的故事和经历足以让她为“格格不入者”们代言。让我们听听她的故事,心声和感悟。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据