TED演讲:格格不入者的心声(3)

So you see, I'd missed fitting in to just about every category out there:

可以看到我与所有的生活格格不入:

daughter, wife, mother, scholar.

作为女儿,作为妻子,作为妈妈,作为学者。

And the dream of being a writer was really kind of like a small, sad stone in my throat.

而想要成为作家的梦想也一直如鲠在喉。

It was pretty much in spite of myself that I got on that plane

我没有理会自己的不适就登上了飞机,

and flew to New York City, where the writers are.

准备前往纽约,和各位作家见面。

Fellow misfits, I can almost see your heads glowing.

各位不适的人,我几乎可以看到你们头上的光芒。

I can pick you out of a room.

我可以在屋子里认出你来。

At first, you would've loved it.

一开始旅程是美妙的。

You got to choose the three famous writers you wanted to meet,

每个人可以选择三位最想见的知名作家

and these guys went and found them for you.

会有人为你联系他们。

You got set up at the Gramercy Park Hotel,

大家下榻在格拉梅西公园酒店,

where you got to drink Scotch late in the night with cool, smart, swank people.

在那里可以和出色,聪明,华丽的人喝苏格兰威士忌直到深夜。

And you got to pretend you were cool and smart and swank, too.

你要装作同样出色,聪明,华丽。

And you got to meet a bunch of editors and authors and agents at very, very fancy lunches and dinners.

你会在无比精美的午餐和晚宴中会见一系列的编辑作家和经纪人。

Ask me how fancy.

快问我多么精美。

How fancy?

有多么精美?

I'm making a confession: I stole three linen napkins from three different restaurants.

我承认我从三个不同的饭店偷了三块亚麻餐巾。

And I shoved a menu down my pants.

我还在裤子里藏了一张菜单。

I just wanted some keepsakes so that when I got home,

我只是想在我回家时,还能看到一些我带回来的纪念品

I could believe it had really happened to me. You know?

让我相信我真的去过这里。你明白么?

这个世界上有很多“格格不入者”,他们不合群,怯懦,胆小和自卑,命运对他们也常常不公。本期的TED演讲者Lidia Yuknavitch女士就是这样一个人,她的故事和经历足以让她为“格格不入者”们代言。让我们听听她的故事,心声和感悟。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据