亚马逊创始人贝佐斯普林斯顿大学毕业演讲(4)
I went to my boss and told him I wanted to start a company selling books on the Internet.
我告诉我的老板我想开办一家在网上卖书的公司。
He took me on a long walk in Central Park, listened carefully to me, and finally said,
他带我在中央公园漫步良久,认真地听我讲完,最后说:
"That sounds like a really good idea, but it would be an even better idea for someone who didn't already have a good job."
“听起来真是一个很好的主意,但是对那些目前没有谋到一份好工作的人来说,这个主意会更好。”
That logic made some sense to me, and he convinced me to think about it for 48 hours before making a final decision.
这一逻辑对我而言颇有道理,他说服我在最终作出决定之前再考虑48小时。
Seen in that light, it really was a difficult choice, but ultimately, I decided I had to give it a shot.
那样想来,这个决定确实很艰难,但是最终,我决定拼一次。
I didn't think I'd regret trying and failing.
我认为自己不会为尝试过后的失败而遗憾。
And I suspected I would always be haunted by a decision to not try at all.
倒是有所决定但完全不付诸行动会一直煎熬着我。
After much consideration, I took the less safe path to follow my passion, and I'm proud of that choice.
在深思熟虑之后,我选择了那条不安全的道路,去追随我内心的热情,我为那个决定感到骄傲。
Tomorrow, in a very real sense, your life – the life you author from scratch on your own -begins.
明天,非常现实地说,你们从零塑造自己人生的时代即将开启。
How will you use your gifts?
你们会如何运用自己的天赋?
What choices will you make?
你们又会作出怎样的抉择?
Will inertia be your guide, or will you follow your passions?
你们是被惯性所引导,还是追随自己内心的热情?
Will you follow dogma, or will you be original?
你们会墨守陈规,还是勇于创新?
Will you choose a life of ease, or a life of service and adventure?
你们会选择安逸的生活,还是选择一个奉献与冒险的人生?
人物简介
本视频是杰夫·贝佐斯(Jeff Bezos)在普林斯顿毕业典礼时的演讲,他创办了全球最大的网上书店亚马逊;这是温暖人心的伟大思想,我们的人生将为一系列的选择所填满,正像他的祖父曾经告诉过他的一样——善良比聪明更难。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196