TED演讲之面对灾难:通过发短信来报告危机事件

So I'm here to tell you a story of success from Africa.

在这里,我要跟大家分享一个在非洲的成功故事。

A year and a half ago,

一年半以前

four of the five people who are full time members at Ushahidi,

在这里的5个人是Ushahidi的专职委员

which means "testimony" in Swahili, were TED Fellows.

“Ushahidi”在斯瓦希利语里的意思是“证据”,其中4个人是TED的同道中人

A year ago in Kenya we had post-election violence.

一年前在肯尼亚的一次选举后发生了一起暴力事件

And in that time we prototyped and built,

而在那个时候我们利用短短三天

in about three days, a system that would allow anybody with a mobile phone

建造了一个系统平台的雏形,这个系统平台允许任何人通过手机

to send in information and reports on what was happening around them.

发信息和报告那些发生在他们周围的事情

We took what we knew about Africa,

我们把我们所认识的非洲

the default device, the mobile phone, as our common denominator, and went from there.

默认装置,手机,作为我们的共同点,信息就是来源于那里

We got reports like this.

我们收到这样类似的报告

This is just a couple of them from January 17th, last year.

这只是在去年1月17日众多短信里的几条

And our system was rudimentary. It was very basic.

那时候我们的系统平台发展还未成熟,非常基本的

It was a mash-up that used data that we collected from people, and we put it on our map.

我们从人民那里收集数据,这是一个混合模式,然后我们把它标在在地图上

But then we decided we needed to do something more.

但是那时我们意识到我们需要做更多东西

We needed to take what we had built and create a platform out of it so that it could be used elsewhere in the world.

我们需要更好地利用这个已经建立和创造好的平台,以便它能够在世界其他地方中应用

And so there is a team of developers from all over Africa, who are part of this team now —

于是产生了一个开发人员的团队,现在,团队成员有来自非洲各地

from Ghana, from Malawi, from Kenya.

来自加纳、马拉维和肯尼亚

There is even some from the U.S.

甚至有一部分是来自美国的

We're building for smartphones, so that it can be used in the developed world, as well as the developing world.

我们正在开发智能手机,以便于它不仅能够在发达国家里使用,也能在发展中国家里使用

We are realizing that this is true.

我们渐渐意识到这是正确的

If it works in Africa then it will work anywhere.

如果它在非洲管用的话,那么它在任何地方都管用

And so we build for it in Africa first and then we move to the edges.

于是我们先在非洲建立它,然后再向外发展

It's now been deployed in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

现在已经在刚果民主共和国做好系统的部署

It's being used by NGOs all over East Africa, small NGOs doing their own little projects.

东非很多的非政府组织也有使用,小型的非政府组织做他们自己的小项目

Just this last month it was deployed by Al Jazeera in Gaza.

就在上个月,我们把这系统应用到加沙的半岛电视台

But that's actually not what I'm here to talk about.

但是实际上这不是我在这里要讲的东西

演讲简介

在2009年的TED大会,埃里克-赫斯曼呈现了一个在Ushahidi的显赫故事。GoogleMap mashup程序令肯尼亚人能够通过手机发短信跟踪报道2008年大选后的暴力事件。随着系统的进一步发展,它继续在其他国家地区拯救生命。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据