TED演讲:游戏创造美好生活(10)

Let's get half of us to agree to spend an hour a day playing games,

让我们中一半的人每天玩游戏一小时

until we solve real-world problems.

直至我们可以去解决现实生活中的问题

Now, I know you're asking, "How are we going to solve real world problems in games?"

你可能会问,“我们在游戏中如何解决现实中的问题呢?”

Well, that's what I have devoted my work to over the past few years,

这也是我在过去的几年中积极投身我从事的工作的原因

at The Institute For The Future.

我工作的地方叫“未来研究所”

We have this banner in our offices in Palo Alto,

这是我们在帕洛阿尔托办公室里的广告

and it expresses our view of how we should try to relate to the future.

它给出了我们关于如何看待未来的观点

We do not want to try to predict the future.

我们不会试着去预言未来

What we want to do is make the future.

但,我们会创造未来

We want to imagine the best-case scenario outcome,

我们曾经设想过最好情况的结果

and then we want to empower people to make that outcome a reality.

然后,我们想通过努力,让人们将那个设想变成现实

We want to imagine epic wins, and then give people the means to achieve the epic win.

我们渴望史诗般的胜利,同时也给予人们实现胜利的途径

I'm just going to very briefly show you three games that I've made

我想给大家简短的介绍三款我做的游戏

that are an attempt to give people the means to create epic wins in their own futures.

他们都是一些尝试,尝试着给未来的人们能创造属于自己的史诗般的胜利,提供一些方法

So, this is World Without Oil.

这是《无油世界》

We made this game in 2007.

这款游戏制作于2007年

This is an online game in which you try to survive an oil shortage.

这是一款网络游戏,它让你在石油短缺的时候设法生存

The oil shortage is fictional,

石油短缺是虚构的

but we put enough online content out there for you to believe that it's real,

但是我们会投入很多的内容在里面,你就会认为那是真的,

and to live your real life as if we've run out of oil.

并且这会影响你的现实生活,让你感觉我们已经没有石油可用了。

So when you come to the game, you sign up, you tell us where you live,

因此,当你打开游戏注册,并告诉我们你的居住地

and then we give you real-time news, videos, data feeds that show you exactly how much oil costs,

我们就会给你实时的新闻视频数据,精确地告诉你石油的成本

what's not available, how food supply is being affected, how transportation is being affected,

什么是不可用,食物供应是如何受到影响的,运输是如何受到影响的

if schools are closed, if there is rioting,

并且会告诉你学校是否被关闭,哪里里发生了骚乱

and you have to figure out how you would live your real life as if this were true.

如果这一切都是真的,你就会找出如何处理现实生活中的这些问题的方法

And then we ask you to blog about it, to post videos, to post photos.

我们会要求你将这些东西发布到博客上,上传视频或者照片

We piloted this game with 1,700 players in 2007,

在2007年,有1700人参加了这款游戏的测试

and we've tracked them for the three years since.

我们跟踪了这些测试者接下来三年的生活

And I can tell you that this is a transformative experience.

我可以告诉诸位的是这是一段极具改造作用的经历

Nobody wants to change how they live

没有人希望改变他们的生活方式

just because it's good for the world, or because we're supposed to.

或者是因为他们觉得对环境无损,或者是因为他们觉得这顺理成章

But if you immerse them in an epic adventure and tell them, "We've run out of oil.

但是,如果你让他们着沉浸于一个异乎寻常的经历当中,并且告诉他们,“我们已经耗尽我们的石油。

This is an amazing story and adventure for you to go on.

这将是你听说的一个美妙的故事和异乎寻常的经历

Challenge yourself to see how you would survive,"

挑战自己,看看你将如何生存

像《魔兽世界》这样的游戏,提供了一个让玩家在虚拟空间充当救世主的角色,并且同时激励这些玩家学习那些英雄们所具有的良好品质。那么我们能否利用这种机制去解决现实世界中的问题呢?Jane McGonigal说可以,并且给出了她的理由。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据