米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学12
So you all should be very proud of this community
所以 你们有理由为这个群体感到自豪
But graduates, graduates
但毕业生们 毕业生们
you can't stop serving once you leave here
离开这里之后 你也不应停止服务
Whether you've worn our country's uniform or not
不管是否身着美国军队的军装
we're all called to serve and to give back to those of around us
我们都有服务的使命 以及帮助周围人的使命
And you don't have to travel across the globe or even across the country
你不需要走遍全球 或者走遍全国
to find ways to serve
去寻找服务方式
All you have to do is take a look around your own community
你只需要放眼社区四周
Are there kids in your neighborhood who could use a mentor?
邻里之间是否有需要良师益友的孩子
Can you volunteer with an organization that serves military families?
有没有志愿者组织可以加入 帮助服务于军人家庭
Can you pick up a few extra cans of vegetables
有没有多出来的蔬菜罐头
and donate them to a food bank?
捐助到食物银行
I mean, these things may seem so small, but they really make a difference
这些东西看起来很小 但它们确实具有重要意义
Because when you've worked hard and done well, as I said
因为当你努力并取得成功之后
the least you can do is reach back
你至少可以伸出援手
and give a hand to somebody else who could use that help
帮助那些需要帮助的人
We can all find a way
我们都能找到一种方式
to open our arms and welcome folks around us into our lives and our communities
张开双臂 将周围的人迎接到我们的生活和社区之中
人物简介
本视频是美国总统夫人米歇尔·奥巴马在东肯塔基大学2013年毕业典礼上的演讲。东肯塔基大学在美国以为退伍军人提供帮扶和大学教育而著名,并因此获得白宫的关注。米歇尔在东肯塔基大学的演讲围绕服务这一主题,鼓励毕业生秉承东肯塔基大学的传统服务精神。同时,她希望学生能与不同于自己的人多交流,敞开思想,这样才不至于会固执己见、陷入偏执。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196