TED演讲之心灵的世界:一个抑郁喜剧演员的自白(3)

The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.

解决任何问题的第一步是认识到这一问题的存在。

Well, we haven't done that, so we can't really expect to find an answer when we're still afraid of the question.

我们还没能做到,所以我们不能期待当我们还在害怕问题的时候找到答案。

And I don't know what the solution is.

我不知道该解决方案是什么。

I wish I did, but I don't — but I think, I think it has to start here.

我希望我知道,但我不知道,但我认为,我认为它已经在这里开始。

It has to start with me, it has to start with you,

它和我一同开始,它与你一同开始,

it has to start with the people who are suffering,

它与遭受过的人们一同开始,

the ones who are hidden in the shadows.

那些被隐藏在阴影中的人们。

We need to speak up and shatter the silence.

我们需要说出来打破沉默。

We need to be the ones who are brave for what we believe in,

我们需要成为那些为我们相信的事情而勇敢的人,

because if there's one thing that I've come to realize,

因为如果有一件事是我认识到的,那就是,

if there's one thing that I see as the biggest problem,

如果有一件事是我知道是最要紧的问题,

it's not in building a world where we eliminate the ignorance of others.

它并不是创造一个我们消除他人的无知的世界。

It's in building a world where we teach the acceptance of ourselves, where we're okay with who we are,

而是创造一个我们接受自己的世界,接受我们真实的自己,

because when we get honest, we see that we all struggle and we all suffer.

因为当我们诚实面对的时候,我们会看到我们所有的斗争和所有的苦难。

Whether it's with this, whether it's with something else, we all know what it is to hurt.

无论是抑郁症,还是别的事情,我们都知道什么是痛苦的。

We all know what it is to have pain in our heart, and we all know how important it is to heal.

我们都知道我们的心中有苦,我们也知道去疗伤有多重要。

But right now, depression is society's deep cut

但是现在,抑郁症是社会的伤口

that we're content to put a Band-Aid over and pretend it's not there.

我们习惯于把创口贴贴上就假装它不存在。

Well, it is there. It is there, and you know what? It's okay.

而它是存在的。而且你知道么?它并没什么。

Depression is okay. If you're going through it, know that you're okay.

抑郁症没什么。因为如果你克服了它,你就知道你没事。

And know that you're sick, you're not weak, and it's an issue, not an identity,

知道虽然你病了,但你并不脆弱,它是一个问题,不是一个身份标签,

because when you get past the fear and the ridicule and the judgment and the stigma of others,

因为当你经历过你过去的恐惧和嘲笑,别人对你的看法和耻辱,

you can see depression for what it really is, and that's just a part of life,

你就可以看到抑郁症真实的身份,它只是生活的一部分,

just a part of life, and as much as I hate, as much as I hate some of the places,

只是生活的一部分,虽然我讨厌,就像我讨厌的一些地方,

some of the parts of my life depression has dragged me down to, in a lot of ways I'm grateful for it.

我生活的某一部分已经被抑郁症拖垮,但在很多方面上我是非常感激的。

Because yeah, it's put me in the valleys, but only to show me there's peaks,

因为它是让我经历低谷,但只是为了向我证明有高峰,

and yeah it's dragged me through the dark but only to remind me there is light.

是的,它将我拉进了黑暗,但只是为了提醒我有光。

My pain, more than anything in 19 years on this planet,

我的痛苦,比我在生活的十九年的任何事都能

has given me perspective, and my hurt, my hurt has forced me to have hope,

给我看待事情的角度,而我的伤口让我有了希望

have hope and to have faith, faith in myself,

有希望,有信念,对我自己的信念

faith in others, faith that it can get better,

对其他人的信念,可以更好的信念,

that we can change this, that we can speak up and speak out and fight back against ignorance,

我们可以改变这一点,我们可以把它说出来,说出来与对抗无知,

fight back against intolerance, and more than anything, learn to love ourselves,

反击不容忍,还有一件比什么都重要的是,那就是,学会爱自己,

learn to accept ourselves for who we are, the people we are, not the people the world wants us to be.

学会接受我们自己,我们不是别人想要我们成为的那个人。

Because the world I believe in is one where embracing your light doesn't mean ignoring your dark.

因为我相信在这个世界上,拥抱光明并不意味着忽略黑暗。

The world I believe in is one where we're measured by our ability to overcome adversities, not avoid them.

我相信的世界是一个我们被评判的标准是我们克服逆境的能力,不是逃避它们。

The world I believe in is one where I can look someone in the eye and say, "I'm going through hell,"

我相信的世界是一个我可以看着某一个人的眼睛并说,"我正在过着地狱般的生活,"

and they can look back at me and go, "Me too," and that's okay,

他们可以也看着我跟我说,“我也是”。这是可以接受的,

and it's okay because depression is okay. We're people.

这没关系因为抑郁没什么。我们都是人。

We're people, and we struggle and we suffer

我们是人,我们斗争、我们遭受痛苦

and we bleed and we cry, and if you think that true strength means never showing any weakness, then I'm here to tell you you're wrong.

我们流血、我们哭,如果你认为真正的力量代表从未有任何弱点,那么我在这里要告诉你你错了。

You're wrong, because it's the opposite.

你错了,因为它是相反的。

We're people, and we have problems.

我们是人,我们会有问题。

We're not perfect, and that's okay.

我们不是完美的,而这没什么。

So we need to stop the ignorance, stop the intolerance, stop the stigma,

所以我们需要停止无知,停止不容忍,停止蔑视,

and stop the silence, and we need to take away the taboos, take a look at the truth, and start talking,

和停止沉默,我们需要打破禁忌,正视真相,并开始说话,

because the only way we're going to beat a problem that people are battling alone

因为唯一处理人们单独作战的问题

is by standing strong together, by standing strong together.

就是坚强的站在一起,坚强的站在一起。

And I believe that we can.

我相信我们可以。

I believe that we can. Thank you guys so much.

我相信我们可以。非常感谢。

This is a dream come true. Thank you.

我的梦想成真了。谢谢。

演讲简介

凯文布莱尔并不像一个抑郁的小孩:他是篮球队队长,参加各种派对,幽默并且自信。但它讲述的是有一个晚上他认识到 — 拯救他自 己的人生 — 他需要的只是说四个字。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据