比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(7)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 98529 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
So they rigged up an extension cord that ran 200 feet
人们只能临时拉了一根200英尺长的延长线
from the center to the diesel generator outside.
让社区中心能够接上外面的柴油发电机
Looking at this setup, I knew the minute the reporters left,
看到这种情形 我知道一旦记者离开
the generator would get to a more urgent task.
发电机就会被用到更紧急的任务
And the people at the community center would go back to worry about challenges
而社区中心的人们也需要重新去面对
that couldn't be solved by a personal computer.
那些不是个人计算机就能解决的问题
When I gave my prepared remarks to the press, I said Soweto is a milestone.
我按照事先准备的讲稿 对媒体说索韦托是一个里程碑
There's major decisions ahead about whether technology
在未来 为了不让发展中国家在技术上落后
will leave the developing world behind.
显然还有很多重大决定要做
This is to close the gap.
我们将像这样 努力缩小技术上的鸿沟
But as I read those words, I knew they weren't super relevant.
但在我阅读这份讲稿时 我深知情况远远没有这么简单
What I didn't say was, by the way,
讲稿上有一段我没有读 也就是
we're not focused on the fact that half a million people on this continent are
我们还没开始关注这块大陆上 每年有大约
dying every year from malaria.
五十万人死于疟疾这一事实
But we are sure as hell going to bring you computers.
但我们至少能够给大家带来计算机
Before I went to Soweto, I thought I understood the world's problems
在我去索韦托之前 我以为我了解世界的问题
but I was blind to many of the most important ones.
事实上 我对很多重要问题都一无所知
人物简介
本视频是比尔·盖茨和夫人梅琳达·盖茨在斯坦福大学2014年毕业典礼上的演讲。整个演讲以“乐观”为主线,强调了他们对科技的乐观态度,以及对世界美好未来的乐观态度。盖茨夫妇轮流讲述了自己的亲身经历和故事,告诉学生应该站在他人的立场上,感同身受那些处境不及自己的人,尽自己所能去帮助那些需要帮助的人,让全世界所有人类同胞都有一样的美好未来。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196